Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by x PIXIE x, Nov 26, 2012.

1. x PIXIE x

x PIXIE x PetForums VIP

2011 was a dreadful year for me. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Many know just what I had to endure in 2011 and to be quite honest I wouldn't wish half of what happened to me on my worst enemy.

I've always given my time (pretty much every spare hour to charity) to help those less fortunate than myself, and felt very distressed that after trying to be a nice person I was dealt a rather unfair hand in life.

On my way down people built themselves up by being evil, nasty, manipulative scum and when your down it takes a very sick person to kick you. In 2012 the year started just as bad as the previous year ended. I had the most terrible time at work and ended up seeing the GP for depression and it wasn't as simple as that, in fact I didn't realise that 10 months later I'd be losing my job and seeking intensive mental health support for complex issues. Throughout the hell in 2011 and 2012 my mum told me as mums do "stay strong sweetheart, because what goes around comes around" I always thought she was saying it to make me feel better. My nan had taught me before she died when I was 6 years old "Do unto others as you would like done unto you" I never ever forgot that saying and pledged to be a kind, caring individual hoping that others would reciprocate. But last year I started to lose the strength and the quote that had always given me such motivation in life meant nothing. My happy memories of my nan seemed to ebb away as the one thing that I really ever remembered about her seemed a lie :( .

However last week I started my new job and my life is on the up. After 5 months of long term sick leave, I managed to put the panic attacks to one side, catch up on 2 years of lost sleep and get back into a 9am - 5pm routine. There was no phased return and no back to work support. I started a new job, in a different County, a different career and new challenges but I feel so proud to be putting the past behind me and moving on.

I caught up with an old aquaintance earlier and within 10 minutes was secretly smug at what she had to say. You see sometimes when someones down and you kick them, you want to be careful as one day when you start to fall you may just meet that person whilst they are on the way up.

In recent weeks I have been given reason to be smug and slightly pleased that karma does work in both ways. It can reward those who deserve it but it can also appear to those who have hurt others. I am not one to gloat at anothers misfortunate however I do save a little bit of hatred for those who can kick someone while they are down. I am a nice person and will do nice things for anyone in need and feel slightly guilty for revelling in someone elses misfortune, but then again if you can't take it don't dish it :D

Either way, I am happy to finally be moving on and have a good feeling that 2013 will be one to cherish for so many reasons.

Sorry for the random ramblings I just had to get that off my chest :eek: I'm not a bitter person at all but it just seems in a rather immature sadistic way that I now have closure and can put the past behind me. I feel so bad for feeling this way as I am usually the first to help someone :confused:

ginge2804 likes this.
  2. skip

skip PetForums VIP

I don't think anyone would blame you for having a little gloat,it doesn't make you a bad person. Its great to hear that things are on the up for you and I hope its only the start of more good things to come :)

3. SidneyFrankie

SidneyFrankie PetForums Member

I hope 2013 is an excellent year for you :)

4. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

Glad things are on the UP for you hun :) x

5. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Why shouldnt you feel pleased with yourself , you have overcome illness and unemployment as well as rising above the lowlife scumbags who put you down.

Youve done it in a relativly short time and without resorting to their style of behaviour..

You should be proud of yourself..

I hope 2013 is even better for you...

6. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

:thumbup::thumbup:Yay, x Pixie x way to go, you're on the up :D Say :dita: :prrr: to the recent years and think positive 2013 is going to be brill for you. With Mr Buster at your side you'll be an ace team.

Give him a tummy tickle from me (that is if he'll allow the general public to fuss him now he's a calendar star :lol: ) I might have to be asking for his 'pawtograph' x

7. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

i'm so glad things are improving for you and you have every right to feel a little smug that the people/person who kicked you when you were down are now having problems and you have the morality not to do as they did. xxxxxxx

8. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

There is a wheel of fortune love...ups and downs...such is a life and you never know what is behind the corner..glad that thing are going wellxxx

9. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

This one - too true and definately be proud of yourself xxx

Good to read your post xxx

10. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

I hope 2013 is a good year for you too!

11. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

I love karma hun and even though sometimes it may take an age to come round it alwwys will:)

Now u need to look to the future :) proud of u gem :) xxx

12. x PIXIE x

x PIXIE x PetForums VIP

Thanks guys, the last two days At work have been sooooo stressful but I am still smiling, I've not stopped. I have my works xmas meal tonight and very excited, bit nervous as well I don't know the others going. I've decided to drive as I can't drink on these meds so least I don't need to worry about getting home.

I can't believe how great I feel and what's best of all is I am seeing millie next week and now buster is doing so well at training I think ill have her back very soon, my mate has done such a good job with her and now I'm in a better place I can sort them both out :D

13. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

Actually, what your nan told you, "Do unto others..." is why you shouldn't kick others when they're down. Just like when the saying of when you're coming down, others are going up, all have strong lessons with them. As you treat others good when they're down, they will remember you when you're coming down as they're coming up. It has a way of working on their conscience should they have kicked you when you were down, that "kick" will awaken their guilty conscience and remind them that you were the one who helped them.

Interestingly enough, I was taught as a child that when someone kicks you when you're down, don't return the same to them in their time of need. Instead, help them and move on. You wouldn't believe the psychological effects this has on those who kick others when they're down.

Sounds like everything is on the up and up with you. So, as you "climb that ladder", remember those who are on they're way down by helping them in any way you could. :wink:

myshkin likes this.
  14. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I don't know what it was you went through in 2011, but I really hope 2013 is a lot better for you!

You deserve it!

And you also deserve to be smug that karma has done her job!! :D

15. x PIXIE x

x PIXIE x PetForums VIP

True but I'd rather treat them with the contempt they have deserved and the respect they have earned! I would rather spend my time helping those who have got me through the darkness than waste my time on scum. They've made their beds and can lie in them. Bitter and twisted maybe but that's fine with me.

I have just spent the day at the cemetry thanking my nan and grandad for giving me a wonderful dad and bringing him up to be the best as many parents wouldn't have put up with what mine have :eek: I'm a very fortunate person and it took a lot to realise that but now I have I will remain grateful. No one will treat me the way I have allowed them to in the past :)

16. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I don't know your story but I am glad you are on the upward trail.

May 2013 see you on top of the world and happy with everything you do. Your grandmother was a wise lady.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice