Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Karl, Staffie, 1-2 years old

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Rescue Remedies, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Rescue Remedies

Rescue Remedies PetForums VIP

Karl, Staffie, 1-2 years old
    [​IMG]

His Story: Found stray in Yorkshire. Young and vibrant, but hasn't benefited from the best of care of late.

Salient points: Karl is a black brown Staffie with potentially stunning looks. He appears to have good dog skills and the friendliness of the Stafford throughout his genetic make-up. Lovely example.

Advert: Karl needs Kare. He has fallen on his luck and is currently a shadow of his potential. His looks battered and crumpled, dulled by his ordeal, but a little polish, the very best of ingredients for his body, fresh air feeding his lungs, guidance and dedication and ... ! What a proud, proud owner will be on the end of his lead in the not too distant future.
    Yes, he wants to play with his lead and loses it, then calms and tries to please. Karl is young and not used to the exhilaration of walks. He isn't used to clear messages and praise. He has the love flowing through his veins, but doesn't quite understand how to perform to gain that approval and owner satisfaction. Karl needs consistency, stability and conveyed approval to shape his walks, his relationships and to clarify his behaviours.

Karl has the intelligence and will soon settle. Karl is young and eager. You just get the sense he hasn't had the right chances in life up until NOW. Now Karl is going to find them and prove himself to be so worthy of his family. Special, so very special. A Staffie who will win over prejudiced minds. A young lad who will learn to walk tall.

"Please note that this dog is currently in kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found"

Please visit our FORUM to see this dogs individual thread, find out more about them and follow their progress – Rescue Remedies.myfastforum.org :: Karl Staffie 2-3 yrs Guildford Surrey Kennels.

If you are interested in re-homing please visit our website www.rescueremedies.co.uk and complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

For daily updates click our forum logo on our homepage and you will find the full range of dogs that are available for homing - Rescue Remedies.myfastforum.org :: Index.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rescue Remedies

Rescue Remedies PetForums VIP

Karl, sometimes called Karlos, is now in a foster home with Emma. Here is an update from her:

"This dog is such a character! :D

He has proved himself over and over again as a dog with a superb temperament and lives happily with other dogs (in fact I would say that he MUST live with another dog.) He can get over excitable with cats, but there is no aggression there. He just barks a bit and then is easily distracted.

We are still working tirelessly with his habits of picking things up and he has learnt the swap game very quickly and has trained me well. He deliberately finds something now, brings it to me and drops it at my feet expecting a treat! So I need to consider the next step now as he will randomly pick up anything and in fact search for things to pick up knowing that if he releases that he will get a tit-bit!!!

Karlos would live with children, but my concern is what he could find to chew up (toys etc.) He is not food possessive, toy possessive or anything else possessive. He also has the greatest respect for other dogs and will never start a fight or continue a fight. Luckily for my Chihuahua cross as he often leaps at him to tell him off...although Monty has no teeth so he can't actually do anything. Karlos just backs off and carries on with another distraction. This is even if there are treats on offer so it shows what a great nature he has!

[​IMG]

Karlos and Danny who is doing lots of work in our house currently

[​IMG]

Emma"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice