Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

JWB vs Arden Grange

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Ryan2009, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Ryan2009

Ryan2009 PetForums Junior

i have been recently comparing the ingredients of JWB and Arden Grange as i am considering swapping jack from JWB to arden grange.

Arden Grange :Chicken Meal* (min 27%), Whole Grain Rice (min 26%), Whole Grain Maize, Chicken Fat*, Beet Pulp, Fresh Chicken (min 5%), Dried Brewers Yeast, Egg Powder, Fish Meal*, Linseed, Fish Oil*, Minerals, Vitamins, Nucleotides, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Cranberry Extract, Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate, MSM, Yucca Extract. * Preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract.

JWB :Rice (min 26%), turkey meat meal (min 26%), oats (min 19%), whole linseed, turkey gravy, turkey fat, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa, natural seaweed, chicory extract, sodium chloride, calcium carbonate, lysine, D,L-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.

Im confused what is the difference to Chicken "Meal" in Arden Grange compared to Turkey "Meat Meal" in JWB?
    also which has the better ingredients as a whole?
    and which would you consider to be the better food?
    Thanks alot for your time i am extreamly grateful! :)

2. Ryan2009

Bump :)
    please help! JWB sometimes give him the squits! i think....

3. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

yes go for Arden Grange, just changed my dog from JWB, he is also on Nature Diet, much better now on this. JWB also gave my dog terrible wind and loose,

4. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I used to work at a pet superstore and we were taught meat meal is the ground waste meat i.e. offal, hooves, bone etc. that is not fit for human consumption and the chicken meal is the parts of the chicken not fit for human consumption, i.e. feet, head, neck etc. Not sure if that is right or not but several super premium pet food comppanies teach you this when you do nutrition exams with them, and i have no reason to doubt it.

So it still gives a certain amount of protein content but not really that digestible some of it!! My dogs are on iams and that has chicken meal as a protein source and they look really good on it so not sure out of the 2 you have spoken about which would be the best, i would probably go for arden grange?!

5. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

My lot were on JWB, gave them wind and loose stools they are now on Arden grange and nature diet.They Seem loads better.

6. Ryan2009

mine are also on nature diet! im still confused which meat content is higher quality in the 2 different foods?

7. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

when it says "chicken meal" it means that the meat is blown off the bone rather than the carcasses being hand cut(fresh meat), its still the good meat though. jwb and arden grange only use real meat in their foods.

if it says "derivitives" that could mean any part of the animal, including bones, claws, etc. thats the word u should avoid.

oh and in answer to which food is better in quality, they are both fairly similar, but arden grange has got a higher meat content as it has min 27% of the chicken meal as well as having a min 5% of fresh chicken.

#7 Ducky, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  8. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I would change Zeb was on JWB and he had loose poops all the time and really really bad wind, Now hes on arden grange lovely as they can be poops and no wind!!

problem solved! ebay do very cheap 15kg bags aswell :)

9. Ridgielover

Ridgielover PetForums Senior

I was using JWB and was really happy with it. I saw AG on special offer at £20 for 15 kg and gave it a try. My dogs are fine on it and since it's nearly half the price of JWB, I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

10. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

wow that is a really good price for AG! Where was that from? Is the offer still on? May have to stock up!! :D

11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

named meat meal is high quality, its foods with animal derivitives which are junk these contain the hooves,fur,feathers,lungs,guts etc

i think arden grange is excellent too:)

12. nellie_dean

nellie_dean PetForums Member

You can pay a variety of prices for Arden Grange. I've been able to find a 2 bag deal from GJW Tittmuss which is 2x15kg lamb for £52 which is not bad at £26 a bag - You can catch it while it's there on their website

;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice