UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since ive decided to get a new dog ive have been looking at dogs at the spca.I Cant get one the now.Anyway most of the dogs have been there for a few months.Most of the dogs there are staffys.I dont no if no one is getting them because they are just scared of getting bit by one or some other reason.I dont know much a bout staffys can any one tell me anything about them?

Bubbi xox

dose any body know how much it costs to rehome a dog from spca ????

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Since ive decided to get a new dog ive have been looking at dogs at the spca.I Cant get one the now.Anyway most of the dogs have been there for a few months.Most of the dogs there are staffys.I dont no if no one is getting them because they are just scared of getting bit by one or some other reason.I dont know much a bout staffys can any one tell me anything about them?

Bubbi xox
Hi, i think staffies are no different from any other dog, its just the way they are brought up. Obviously there are a minority of numpties who couldnt give a dam but on the whole, 99% of staffies ive met on walks with Bobbie have been really good natured:D

·
Registered
27,670 Posts
I dont think they would rehome a nasty dog, the test them for personality dont they and compatability too. I like them, but like Bullet said it is the way they are brought up from a puppy. If you like one of them they will take it into a special room or out yard for you to get aquainted and see how you get on with each other.

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
staffy`s are generally lovely, my mates one thinks she`s a toy breed lol jumps on my knee and starts snoring!!! the one 2 doors down however is really evil but that`s due to the owners and their lack of training or stamping out issues - it nearly killed a dog 2 weeks ago and tries to pounce through glass to get to dogs going passed. i think that`s where the horror stories come from as that`s the only nasty one i`ve ever seen. some people only need to see one nasty dog to paint the entire breed with the same brush.

just make sure to ask the rescue as many questions as you can and i`m sure they`ll find the perfect dog for you

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Our neighbour has two rescue staffies and they're just lovely girls. Even if they have taught Arnie to play like a staffie. :rolleyes: Seriously though, I meet a fair few staffies and with the exception of one they're all great dogs, the one that isnt you cannot say is down to breed, there are just as many unnice dogs of various breeds about. ;)

·
Banned
23,698 Posts
Staffies for the most part adore people especially children and are very sweet and soppy. With other dogs it depends some can be very bad and others aren't bothered. A well raised staffie is one of the best dogs you can get and the rescue should be able to match you with one that has an easy temperment for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.