Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just wondering

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by Dally Banjo, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I was looking at the Chinchillas in P@H the other day & the bottom of there cage was cage :blink: there was sawdust under it but they have to walk on the wire of the cage itself, is that right :confused: did'nt look very comfy :eek:

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Mine have a wire bottom cage but the amount of time they actually spend on the floor is very minimal, mine tend to chill out on their wooden shelves and in their hammocks :)

I am trying to get a chin cage without a wire floor (because I personally don't like them, not because they cause any issue) but I'm not having much luck there so might have to build my own :lol:

So basically so long as the chins have flat shelves to chill out on then a wire bottom cage does no harm and my chins don't seem to pay any attention to the wire floor of their cage :)

3. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Thanks B3rnie they were chilling on shelves :D

4. Lil Miss

Lil Miss PetForums VIP

personnaly i dont like chins to have wire floors, only 2 of my cages have wire floors, and they are padded out with bits of wood and grass matts on the floor to keep them off the wire

wire floors can cause bumble foot and be uncomfy, most chins however dont spend much time on the floor of the cage, they muc prefer chilling in hammocks

Dally Banjo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice