Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just wondered?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Badger's Mum, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Badger will be spayed after her first season, My boy's have been done. Will they still take an intrest in her when she come's in season?.

2. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

After she has been spayed then no they should'nt..

But before she is done they may still be intrested..and its been know for neautred males to still tie with females! :eek:

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

When my girls came into season the boys, who were done, were no more interested in them than before. :D

4. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Possibly yes. Sammy has been known to be a bit of a pest around bitches who are in season. He was neutered in January x

5. Badger's Mum

Think i'll lock her way when she come's into season then!! (joke):D

6. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

You'll just have to gauge their reaction. Some people use the excuse "that neutered dogs can still react to a bitch on heat". It is true that they can, but far, far less likely.

Let me know how your boys get on x

7. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

my neutered spaniel tied with a bitch once :eek: luckily there was no result obviously, he had been neutered for 9 years

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

One of mine met a bitch in full season on sunday night. Hes been neutered since 9 months, and now is almost 11.

Well, he decided he was carrying a perfectly useable and large set of balls, and had a little chase and flirt session with her. She was wafting herself in front of him, he was doing his best to mount her, and it took me and the other owner a good half an hour to catch them.

I think it depends on the individual dog. Some will react, some wont. Even some full males couldnt care less about a bitch in season.

9. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

im ashamed to say my neutered dog mated both his daughters on the same day:eek:, we couldnt believe it!! :blushing:

10. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Your footnote is so sad, brought a tear to my eye, saying she was a good girl. x

noushka05 likes this.
  11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

thankyou Vicky xx she was so lovely bless her..we miss all her little ways x

12. Badger's Mum

Thank's everyone got a while before she does come into season, It wasn't that hard keeping Misty away from them:rolleyes: and at least i havn't got the worry of pup's:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice