Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just spent the last two hours...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Hanwombat, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

...Cleaning up three lot's of sick and two poos from the back of my car :mad:

Puppies aye? :w00t:

:crying:

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Oh yuck!!! Thought I was going to open a thread about a lovely trip out :nonod:. Take it IO gets scared in the car? :(.

3. Hanwombat

Sorry but no :(

She is very hit and miss, sometimes she will go several car journeys without being sick but not today :eek: She obviously saved it all for today and it was only a 3 miles journey.

Shes off to puppy classes though tonight :001_tt1: my partner is coming with me so I can hold the puppy as she is less scared, he has a new camera so might take pics!

4. LynnM

LynnM PetForums Senior

Aww poor you and poor Io.

Know how you feel 'cos Alfie is always sick multiple times on every journey and he'll be 4 in January. Well it's more like yellow froth than actual sick. He's never pooped in the car though.

I always take a kitchen roll with us and as soon as I notice he's going to be sick I stick about 3 sheets under him before the sick hits the towel. Then just wrap it up and stick it in a carrier bag. Not easy if there's only you in the car though.

5. Fluffster

Fluffster Crazy for cockers

I feel your pain! Daisy obviously ate something icky when out for our walk this morning and threw up horribly all over the sofa when we got back. Then tried to eat it. Stress I did not need before a nine-hour shift at work! Thankfully she hasn't had any accidents in the car yet!

6. Alice Childress

Alice Childress PetForums VIP

Poor little thing :( Hope she gets more use to it soon.

Have fun at puppy class! I loved/love taking Maggie to classes (... well, you know, apart from those times when she decided to act like the spawn of evil).

7. ciarasmum

ciarasmum PetForums Member

Oh I feel your pain! After Ciara's first trip to the beach she sicked up half the sea in the back of my friend's van :nonod:!!

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

aww, bless her!:( Hopefully though if its hit and miss (I take it you mean the vomiting, not where she aims it!LOL) then she should get over it in time.
    My last car journey resulted in all three getting really sick...and coz they felt poorly they wanted cuddles and to be as near to me as possible. Needless to say they got cuddles and I got out the car absolutely plastered in doggy vomit!!:w00t: (Im not even going to bother seeing what Alfie is like!!LOL:rolleyes:).

9. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

My yorkie used to be sick in the car and it was due to anxiety as she couldn't see me. I'd followed all the instructions for a nice space where she couldn't see things moving and it didn't work. I got her a dog car seat and now she either sits and watches me or falls asleep. I'd have a think about what is the difference between when she is sick and when she isn't. I absolutely hate sick and it makes me throw up too, so was totally relieved when I sorted it! Hope you can too.

10. Wilmer

Wilmer PetForums Senior

That brings back memories... Wilma was a total vomit-hound in the car for her first year, luckily she outgrew it, but was never a happy traveller.

I thank my lucky stars that Betty is totally chilled in the car, sometimes almost too chilled - thought she had heat exhaustion the other day, pulled over in a panic only to find she was just knackered from the walk:eek:

11. Megan_M

Megan_M PetForums Member

We had this with Quinn, first dog we had this with...he wasn't scared of the car though just had motion sickness, thankfully he grow out of it, hopefully Io will too:)

Please remember a towel or blanket to cover yourself with if she's sitting on your knee...one time we were going to watch an obedience show, Quinn was around 10/11 weeks old, had him on my knees....thankfully there was a sainsburys with clothing section on the way:rolleyes: :lol:

Have fun at class:D

12. Hanwombat

Yeah shes not necessarily afraid of the car, it is more motion sickness.

Ooooh yes!! I have a towel on me every time as most times she is sick on them...

Not long until we leave for puppy class :w00t:

13. Fluffster

Fluffster Crazy for cockers

Good luck! You'll both have a blast I'm sure :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice