UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my potential biological dad :eek:

After 21 years of being lied too and then a further 13 years of searching and hitting brick walls I have finally found him....

I have 2 step brothers and a half brother that I never knew about and I think the final kick in the teeth is that my dad lived 5 mins from my doorstep for 18 years and neither of us knew :nono:

No real point to this thread, I just needed to get it off my chest because most people around me at the moment really don't get what I'm going through :eek:

Now just the agonising wait for my dad to reply now :blink:

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
i hope he replies soon and its a good reply :)

·
Registered
39,165 Posts
good luck, fingers crossed for you, my other half found out last year who his real parents were, sadly his dad had died so never got to meet him, and his mum said no she didnt want to have anything to do with him,:( but he found his 6 brothers and 3 sisters, :) so it wasnt all bad, its taken a while for it to sink in.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck mate.

becarefull also, alot of heartbreak can be had by doing this also.
Good luck, hope it all goes well. Just remember not all reunion stories end happily ever after though so don't get your hopes up too soon.
Believe me when I say I have been very wary (especially with the joke that is my family) so I have had a middle man doing all the contacting but it has now come to a stage where i need to bite the bullet.

If things go tits up then at least I can say I tried, and tbh nothing can be as bad as the crap I was dragged up in ;)

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
Nothing I can really add 'cept ((((hugs)))) & feel free to rant away at me by PM on here or Facebook xx

We can't choose our families (more's the pity)

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
'Tis better to have tried to make the connection and have it fail than to not have tried at all and always be wondering 'what if.....'.

I really hope this has a positive outcome for you and you get to meet and connect with your real dad.

Should it not, then at least take comfort in the knowledge that you were the bigger person who tried and it was not your fault that it didn't come to fruition.

Fingers crossed though that your efforts get a great result.

xxx

·
Banned
2,638 Posts
I really hope it goes well for you x (((hugs)))

pf is an excellent ranting place lol so you say and vent whenever and what ever you need to :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Believe me when I say I have been very wary (especially with the joke that is my family) so I have had a middle man doing all the contacting but it has now come to a stage where i need to bite the bullet.

If things go tits up then at least I can say I tried, and tbh nothing can be as bad as the crap I was dragged up in ;)
No harm in trying and I really do hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
EEEKK i remember doing this a few years ago and it was the most exciting and terrifying thing i have ever done! :lol:

i always knew who my dad was though as i was 4 so was too old for my mother to lie to me and i always saw my grandparents. things havent been exactly great though. we get on really well but then something will happen and we end up not speaking for months. like now :rolleyes: (dont ask its a pathetic pain in the arse)

i just didnt go to find him until i ran away from home.

anyway best of luck but as has been said before just be aware there may be heartache along the way xxxxxxxxx

(if you want to pm me you can xx)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Good luck chick!!! My Dad wasn't allowed to see my half sister from less than a year old. He went to court for custody with my mum as they were married by then as they wanted to bring her up together but he was denied and then he had no more contact until she was 13 when she found her birth certificate and got in contact. She as much a part of our lives as she wants to be now. She's 36 now and I was born when she was 5 and a day after her birthday he he. She has a beautiful daughter who is 12 called Kaisha and I love my niece to bits.

My mum never knew her real dad either. He beat my gran up while she was pregnant with her as he was a drunk. So he has never met my mum. My gran met my absolutely WONDERFUL grandad and they brought my mum up and her older sister together and I am so thankful that I have my Grandad. I really couldn't have wished for anyone better. He still says to me "ooh I could eat you up aye" and I reply "dont eat me grandad!" and still tells me i'm the light of his life and grandads little girl. He's amazing! I consider him my father tbh (in a non freaky way of course lol) as I don't really get along with my own father. My grandad taught me to swim and would climb a local mountain so he could sit and watch me play during break when i was in infants school and i'd always look for him to wave to. My mums biological dad collin we think died in 1997. we'd like to have met him but unfortunately its not possible now.

Good luck! Go for it! you'll always wonder otherwise just like my mum!

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Wow, what a brave thing to do. I hope it all works out for you!

I've never met my Dad, either. He left before I was born and hasn't had anything to do with me at any point of my life. It's difficult to deal with at times, and I'd like to meet him...one day. I'm not emotionally stable enough to search yet, though, especially if it was to end badly.

I have my fingers crossed for you that he gets back in touch, and that it is a positive outcome. Sending hugs at this nerve-wracking time! x

·
Owned by 4 cats :)
4,206 Posts
I hope your Dad gets in contact soon and that all your expectations are met. Good luck and let us all know how you get on. Take care of yourself :) :D xx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well he has replied :eek:
He is happy to do a DNA test, we both need confirmation.

But apparently I am the spitting image of him (I have always wondered why I looked nothing like my sisters or mother).
So, wow, still trying not to get my hopes up, but so far it looks like I have finally found my dad :D

I don't know if I should laugh or cry :confused:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Well he has replied :eek:
He is happy to do a DNA test, we both need confirmation.

But apparently I am the spitting image of him (I have always wondered why I looked nothing like my sisters or mother).
So, wow, still trying not to get my hopes up, but so far it looks like I have finally found my dad :D

I don't know if I should laugh or cry :confused:
that sounds very promising :D good luck!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.