Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just saying hello

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by GrumpyOldishBat, May 28, 2020.

1. GrumpyOldishBat

GrumpyOldishBat PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forum so just wanted to say hi to all the other fish friends on here :)

We currently have three tanks set up which we love, one saltwater and two freshwater.....we have said absolutely no more but does anyone else feel like it almost becomes an addiction and you just can't help yourself?? In fairness we have ended up with three by accident really but hey ho, best laid plans and all that.....

Anyway hello to all, hopefully I can get some tips from the experts :)

magpie and LinznMilly like this.
  2. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I have 2 freshwater tropical tanks atm, but will have a third very soon. :D.

MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) is definitely a thing. :rolleyes: :D :p What kind of fish do you have?

magpie likes this.
  3. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Hello & welcome to the forum :)

Would love to see some pictures of your tanks! What fish do you keep?

Ah, that sounds like the dreaded MTS or Multiple Tank Syndrome, where you just constantly feel the need to set up another tank. I hope you're not looking to be cured because that is not the kind of help you'll get here :D

LinznMilly likes this.
  4. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

There is no cure for MTS. The disease just goes into submission and comes back with a vengeance when you least expect its :D

magpie likes this.
  5. GrumpyOldishBat

Thank you both for the welcome!

This MTS thing you talk about sounds pretty serious and I think, having read up on the symptoms, I may have this disease :eek:

Currently we have a 200ltr saltwater that houses our pufferfish, that has the biggest tank all to himself!! One freshwater with our dwarf gourami and tetras and the other freshwater with one german blue ram and some guppies. The freshwater are both quite small tanks I think around 70ltrs each, with live plant set ups.

The plan Ram and tetras are happily living together so we decide to add a new fish, a dwarf gourmi, to the household and they all live happily ever after.

The reality Gourami came with ONE stowaway guppy in the bag but no matter, one single guppy can't do any harm (we thought). Not longer after we started to notice several guppy fry :Jawdrop we also had a problem with the gourami bullying the ram, so the ram and the (now several) guppies were moved to a seperate home.

This was a couple of years ago now and we have had several new guppy batches since, all from one single stowaway!

It is so exciting when a new tank is being set up :D what are you planning for your third one LinznMilly?

LinznMilly likes this.
  6. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

German blue Rams are stunning fish. I have a couple of Electric Blues, but whilst I love the 2 I've got, I prefer the original. :)

As for Tank 3, I'm going for something off the beaten track;
    https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/awaiting-killifish-eggs.527582/

;)

7. GrumpyOldishBat

Sorry, ours is an electric blue aswell, not a German blue (it's too early!) :rolleyes:

ahhhh killifish!!! They are so beautiful, I haven't actually ever seen one in "real life" but watched lots of YouTube videos and they are stunning

LinznMilly likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice