UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

Cat still need Home!!!
Manchester

My neighbors moved out 10 day ago and they left the cat in front of the house!!! How cruel is that!. The cat is cut, friendly, healthy and very calm since 10 days waiting for his owners to come back :(. I don't think they will. I can't take him home (no pets policy) but if any good person would like to take care of him I am sure he will give you his love and devotion in return.
The cat is an adult so I don't think he will need much expenses for vet. He looks similar to the one on the picture except he is even more cut :).
Please send me and e-mail and we will arrange the pick-up.

Ad reference - 1002012910

I wish i could help but with 4 cats and 4 kittens my house is full

What kind of person would do this!! :mad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sadly that's not the worst of it :(
There is a Facebook group called 'GetGumtreeAnimalFree' which will show you the extent of how shocking things are on this unregulated site :eek:
They've started a petition too.
3 months ago there was an ad for a pregnant cat for free in north london.
As i work at a shelter i knew i could try and get her from the seller into rescue. When we arrived at the address it was a very run down area. A foreign lady answered the door, went to find the cat and brought her downstairs holding her by the front legs :eek:...all you could see was a huuuge bulge. She was 8 weeks pregnant as she delivered 6 kittens the following week!!! She slammed the door behind us with not even a thank you, but not before we noticed a small kitten in the background. We tried to knock at the door to offer neutering advice etc. but she would not answer. I'm guessing if a female that kitten would be pregnant in no time :mad2:
Mum cat has been aged at 2-3 years of age and during her spay the vet commented that by the looks of her uterus she's had at leat 3-4 litters :mad:
You wonder where these kittens and mum cat would have ended up :(
But sadly all these abandoned, pregnant, underaged and elderly animals are all too common on these free ad sites...you wish you could help them all

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi i wasnt really commenting on gumtree more how the owners could have left the cat.

I agree with you though the number of concerning ads is high though on that site however i used the free ad site to advertise my kittens because if done properly you can get the perfect new home which is what i managed to do however that would be because of me making it clear not just anyone would have them

·
Registered
12,682 Posts
:(

Cat still need Home!!!
Manchester

My neighbors moved out 10 day ago and they left the cat in front of the house!!! How cruel is that!. The cat is cut, friendly, healthy and very calm since 10 days waiting for his owners to come back :(. I don't think they will. I can't take him home (no pets policy) but if any good person would like to take care of him I am sure he will give you his love and devotion in return.
The cat is an adult so I don't think he will need much expenses for vet. He looks similar to the one on the picture except he is even more cut :).
Please send me and e-mail and we will arrange the pick-up.

Ad reference - 1002012910

I wish i could help but with 4 cats and 4 kittens my house is full

What kind of person would do this!! :mad:
Gumtree is full of the sort of people who would do that. At least someone is
trying to help.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
No reply yet!

Just heartbreaking to think this poor cat has been sat outide the house waiting for them to come home. How can people be so god damn cruel? I hope someone has been feeding him. 10 days is such a long time. Poor little mite.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I havent received a reply either, i emailed her at the same time as my initial post, asking if he/she was being fed and i also urged her not to report the cat to the RSPCA.

I cant imagine doing anything so awful and would like to get my hands on the people that did this!

·
Registered
14,680 Posts
Ang2 and ESAB, thank you both for trying to help this little cat.
As for the Gumtree debate....I am torn on this one.:mad: I was made aware of the campaign to ban animal advertising on that site when the founder of the cat rescue I help at handed me a leaflet.
The problem is that while on one hand these sites can be blamed for promoting some of the irresponsible BYB which we all condemn.. then again they can serve as a very useful portal for genuine rehoming. After all, the rescue centres are overflowing and have to turn away dozens of cats a week, also many people will not qualify to take cats from rescues because they work or want an indoor cat.
I am not saying it is fantastic that there are no controls over rehoming via this site and I am sure that someone will mention the dangers of 'free to a good home' cats being used for dog baiting etc. However I do believe that there are many happy and successful rehomes carried out through Gumtree and other similar sites....including my own two white devils.:D

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Well, Monika who placed the ad on Gumtree replied giving her postcode but nothing else - no street or house number. I sent her another message but hours went by so I just tapped the postcode into my satnav and hoped for the best! Satnav took me to a little housing estate in Salford. When I got out of the car I was immediately greeted by a little fluffy black cat that ran accross the road to me, very vocal and rubbing round my feet. This cat followed me to every door that I knocked looking for Monika. I couldnt take him as wasnt sure it was him!

What a place it was. I didnt knock on one single door that was opened by anyone English that could understand me, and as soon as they saw the cat in tow, they slammed the door, asking me to get the cat away as they didnt like cats. Two women I approached to ask in the street, ran away screaming because the cat went up to them.

Anyway after knocking on at least 50 doors, I found Monika, and guess what - it WAS him!! Suffice to say, he is now tucked up in my spare room with a big bowl of food.

As I already have 8 cats and 2 dogs, I really need to find a home for this beautiful, super affectionate and talkative cat. I will try and post pics later or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, we can find him the home he deserves :thumbup1:

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
well done for eventually finding the owner, would have been so much easier if they had given you a house number.
you have the patience of a saint.
hopefully being this friendly the cat will find a worthy loving home soon.:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.