Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just out of curiosity?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by StaffsRmisunderstood, Feb 6, 2012.

1. StaffsRmisunderstood

if i were to walk over to u and ur dog with my male 4 year old blue staffy 'bentley' how would u react? :huh:

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

as i would with any other dog and owner, ask was he okay with males, if so , then let them have a sniff.

if i had no dog with me my reaction would be 'ohmygawsh can i give him a fuss!'.

3. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

ditto as above :)

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

I would be fine, provided you said 'Good morning' / 'Hello' or seemed otherwise friendly and Bentley seemed friendly as well. If I was on one of our 'solitary' walks I wouldn't really want to stand and chat so would make my excuses and be on my way, but if I was on the dog walking fields or something like that I would pass the time of day.

If I were to walk over to you with my dog how would you react? :confused:.

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

depends the maner of how you walked over to me and how you were dressed?

The fact you had a staffie wouldn't bother me - unless he was all blinged up in leather studded harness etc to look hard - but then I don't live in a city centre where the idiot staffy owners have given the majority of staffies and their owners a bad name.

To be fair if Zipper is on lead and any person with a dog walks over I walk away as Zipper can occasionally be lead aggressive.

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd be OK if it was just the girls, but Bob can be funny unless intro'd carefully. If I was on my own I'd definitely approach & want to give him a big fuss if you OK'd it, love staffies:001_tt1:

7. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I would ask you not to bring your dog over because my spaniel is a grumpy old bugger on lead and can kick off at dogs he doesn't know. Thee breed is irrelevant ;)

8. Galadriel17

Galadriel17 PetForums VIP

Same as I would with anyone else, smile, say hi then something along the lines of does he want to say hello? (To my dogs) :)

9. claireandandy

claireandandy PetForums Member

same as above .then there will be a convo started and we could say if either of our dogs was a grump or not

10. Staffx

Staffx PetForums Senior

I'd hold on to my dog as he gets very excited when others dogs approach then if you say it was ok I'd let him go so they could play. At some stage I would be likely to grab his big old staffie head for a squish....but then I'm biased ;)

11. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Hi i would say hi to you, whatever type of dog you had, only time i get fed up when out walking is if my dogs are on the lead and another dog offlead is allowed by its owner to come up to my dogs, but they could be any breed of dog.

12. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I would smile and comment on how smiley bentley was :p then would allow lucky and bentley to meet with a sniff if both seemed happy to see each other :D

13. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

I'd say hello :)

If both you and Bentley displayed good body language and my goosy girl looked comfortable I'd ask you which way you were heading, it's too cold right now to stand around!

... but to be absolutely sure... can we see a pic of Bentley? ;)

14. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

yes we NEED a photo of him, just to make sure he is not a vicious snarling beast :p :p

15. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Depends - what do you look like :D

16. Pretty much what others have said. Say hi and ask if your dog would like to play with mine. Why do you ask?

17. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

again depending on your approach and the dogs reactions to each other,I would ask if Bentley would like to join in playing with Alf and his mates as there are always a couple of staffs walking with us and Alf loves his rough and tumble play that he has with his chums!

18. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

No matter what breed I dont like strangers wandering up with unknown dogs, while mine are on lead..

Off lead on the common its ok but in a small park when Im trying to walk nicely with three dogs on lead Id rather avoid any possible problems

19. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

If they were all off lead not a problem. My dogs are not very good with dogs on leads, they intimidate them and then someone gets niggly. Nobody on here cares a stuff what breed your dog is so long as it is friendly.

20. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

With Rupert I'd have been off in the opposite direction before you could blink.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice