Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just lost 2 of my cats & trouble adjusting to a new pet

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by s.k.s, Sep 1, 2020.

1. s.k.s

s.k.s PetForums Newbie

Deleted post

#1 s.k.s, Sep 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I don’t really have an answer, but did you know that Blue Cross have a pet bereavement free counselling service?

Maybe it would help if you talked this over with somebody, and perhaps help you decide how to move forward.

3. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

I feel so sorry for you @s.k.s
    I imagine you feel like you’ve been running fast on a hamster wheel, for a very long time and you need it to stop, to get off and to have a break.... a break from stress and to catch up with your life and to find time to process everything that is going on and what has gone on, before you can gain control of things again. Things are getting out of your control. I think you need to ask for help from those around you. You say “we” got the dog, so for now you need this other person to help more, especially with the dog. I personally don’t feel the dog needs to go and eventually after a break from your recent nightmare, you will be able to take control of things again and enjoy your new dog. It’s good SO likes the new dog and SO has just had two family losses and may suffer more from another loss, especially around the same time. You need to temporarily pass over some of your worries and responsibilities to others, to take time out for yourself. It might not take as long as you think. You need support to get your head straight and to grieve, but keep busy and don’t dwell too much. You wouldn't want your dear cats back here suffering. It’s as though you haven’t had time to say goodbye properly to them, so after a few days, once you have more help, maybe hold some sort of a ceremony for them? Find your inner strength. Best wishes to you.

#3 TriTri, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice