Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just leave them in the car...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by kare, Jul 26, 2019.

1. kare

kare PetForums VIP

Hi, I have been away a while from here <waves to those who remember me>

Something today prompted me to wish to ask a question.
    Who else here has, despite all the publicity of Dogs die in Hot Cars, been told by an establishment to "Why not just leave your dog/s in the car whilst you visit"?

Would seriously like to know.

A few summers ago I was told to do so whilst visiting Buckfast Abbey in Devon
    Today I was told to do so whilst visiting Oasis Cafe on the Dog friendly beach at Weymouth (Preston/ Lodswell)

I was gobsmacked, what if people didn't know better and followed the advice of fools like this and actually did put/leave their dogs on the car whilst they ate on a day like this?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  2. Squeeze

Squeeze PetForums VIP

It beggars belief doesn’t it...! Even non-dog owners *should* know not to leave dogs in cars in this heat or any heat imo...
    I can’t believe even with the amount of publicity etc there is around leaving dogs in cars that it still happens... Reports of one such incident around here yesterday...

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

My local country park has a farm attached and a dog friendly cafe. They won’t let you leave your dog in a car on their land no matter what the weather. The other place I walk my dog had this on Facebook: 9997D782-AE65-48AF-91B3-12D397138D70.png

Torin. likes this.
  4. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Unbelievable. I wasn't happy leaving my dog in the house today - I closed all the blinds on the sunny side and left upstairs windows open, obviously plenty water. But a car? No way ...:Arghh

margy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice