Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

just joined

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by brendarag, Mar 6, 2008.

1. brendarag

brendarag PetForums Newbie

hello,
    i have just joined this forum,i found it quite by accident i went on to google to see if there are new rules about keeping our dogs on leads whilst out walking obviously i would in built up areas but in some parks and woodland i do tend to let him off for a run.
    we were walking this morning in a park he (leo)was on the lead when this very strange man who was walking past us said out of the blue(you are not allowed to let that dog off of the lead) anyone have any remarks on this would be greatful for your comments thanks.my name is brenda by the way:)

2. Gemma83

Gemma83 PetForums Senior

I always look for the signs (quite literally!) i don't think you can in any national trust proerties and a lot of places are sesonal - like beaches. Luckly for me where I live there is a community park with an area for everyone (where dogs can go off lead) and a seprate area for everyone apart from dogs!

I usally when walking somewhere new keep mine on his extending lead as he is only 6 months.

3. AJ

AJ Guest

You've come to the right place Brenda! You'll find plenty of opinions on this subject here! Personally I'm like you I like to let my dog off for a run and luckily there are no silly laws restricting it where I live. In some places though apparently there are. What breed do you have?

4. garryd

garryd Guest

..............:confused::D

5. brendarag

hello,
    thanks for getting back to me, i live in kent and have not heard of this (rule) that the very strange man said to me about keeping leo on his lead at all times.any way Gary in answer to your question regarding leos breed he is a scrummy king charles he is 20 months old and as good as gold i have had him since he was 10 weeks old, nice to chatto you and thank you gemma also,
    its taking me ages at the moment finding my way round this site i keep losing the threads and how to answer hope this finds its way.
    brenda:)

6. brendarag

sorry gary got confused, iwas answering a question from alan.

7. Welcome Brenda! I owned by cats but love dogs too and feel for you all......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice