Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just introducing myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CarolineH, Aug 6, 2009.

1. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Hi there. My name is Caroline and I am new! <blushes>
    I have always been involved with animals in some capacity or other, having worked in riding stables, a dog rescue shelter, been a dog warden for 4 years and also been a dog training instructor until health problems caused me to have to have a rethink about standing and walking about so much! But, I still maintain an interest in all things doggy plus I have until recently, been showing and breeding guinea pigs. I have a LOT of pets as you will see on my homepage link but I love them all and would not be without any of them! :D

2. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Welcome to the Forums and I hope you enjoy your time here :D
    I love the picture of your cat sunning its self lol :p

3. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Thanks Shezzy! He is one cool, laid back cat! Has to be with six dogs to command! :D Sadly he now has inoperable mouth cancer and is on borrowed time but he is 16 & 1/2 years old now and seems to be doing fine on his medication, is eating, playing and is generally happy so hopefully he has a while left before it spreads.

4. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Awhh bless him :(

Welcome by the way!
    My names Chloe I'm quite the animla lover too! We breed and train gundogs and currently have 16 dogs :D along with 1 harris hawk, 3 ferrets, 1 rabbit, 1 green tree frog, 3 fire bellied toads, 1 fire bellied newt, 3 great crested newts and two tarantulas :D
    Hope you enjoy your stay Chloe
    xx

5. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

hi and welcome ive just had a look on your home page wow you have a lot of animals they must keep you really busy.......................:D:D

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Awww so sorry to hear that :(
    But he sounds like hes still enjoying life so thats good :)
    I love how pretty much all your dogs are rescues (correct me if thats wrong lol :p i think Merlin was the one you've had since a pup???) was on your site a little while ago.

7. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

I have had 12 dogs in my adult life Shezzy. 4 were bought as pups from responsible breeders (as was Merlin last year) and 8 are/have been rescues. Once we have a natural decrease in numbers, we will probably adopt another rescue again. Merlin was an indulgence for me as I love the working bred collie character. He is a real softy and a pleasure to have around. Still a teenager at the moment but a very lovable one! :001_wub:

8. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Hi Chloe! My ex assistant dog training instructor is now heavily into gun dogs as is her husband (he after a bit of influence and a rescued working cocker spaniel via moi!) and they run 'ScurryBandits' which does organised gundog scurries at game fairs etc. She now runs her own training classes in various venues on the Notts/Derbys border.

Hi Dipdog! Yes they do keep me rather busy! I enjoy looking after them though and would sooner be cleaning hutches etc than going out drinking or smoking! They are my pleasure as well as hobby.;)

9. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Waw :eek: thats alot of dogs. But still good on ya for taking in so many recues :)

yeah my sister got a working collie from a farm she used to work at and hes just the funnyest dog ever. Hes about 3 or 4 now gorgeous long coated. However for a working collie hes defo not the smarted dog ive ever seen haha :p But hes getting better now that my sisters been taking him to agility.

10. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

11. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

Hi Ony-Me! I so love your signature! :D

12. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

lol, Thanks Caroline. Hope your'e enjoying the forum...xxxx ;) :D

ONY

13. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to the forum :)

14. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

15. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Awhh cool, yeah we have been training and breeding champion lines, since i was 4 which was 11 years ago :eek: So i love gundogs, but also love terriers. I have a patterdale at the moment who is fab :D She was abused and so was very nervous when i got her, but after training etc. has come right outta her shell :D which i am glad about. :D

16. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

welcome to the forum caroline im also from nottingham pity youve gave up dog training i could really do with a 1 to 1 trainer as i dont like mixing with people so i find it hard to go classes with my spaniel

17. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF..:D

18. raggs

raggs PetForums VIP

Hi Caroline, welcome to PF............CHRIS

19. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice