UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night, I had a horrible night (dont worry, all is fine!) . my Brucie baby had started to seem a bit 'peaky' just before I left for work at 6, my fella was home with him so I knew he would be fine though. he seemed fine again till the wee hours of the morning, when he was acting real poorly and kept trying to be sick. I wasn't surprised he hadn't brought anything up because he hadn't eaten his tea but obviously, your mind starts to go into overdrive and you panic!

Between me and my fella, we spent some time up between us staying with him, and we knew if he got any worse we would take him straight into the emergency vets. then he seemed okay, and slept next to me where he normally does..

I watched him for ages and he was fine, so I let myself fall asleep.

I had a dream then, the dream was me watching over Brucie meeting and playing with two other dogs, that were a puppy Jasmine (my beautiful girl who left us last year) and my Podge (my dog who left us when I was 16).

I woke up, he was next to me sleeping fine, and I fell back to sleep. this morning I tried to tell my OH about it and burst into tears! :eek:

Brucie has been to the vets today and is fine(ish), no blockage, no poisoning, no GD&V, no SCI etc. (as I had feared, did I mention I am a massive over worrier?) just a tummy bug they think, and he is well on the mend now :D

This dream though, had struck me as odd. whilst prone to massive over sentimentality (and worrying!), I am not usually one for thinking things like this 'mean something' although I suppose I am open to things like that or I would dismiss it as an anxiety dream about 'ill' dogs in general.

I just thought it would be interesting to see what other PFers thought, if they are still awake after my essay lol...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like anxiety to me.
yeah I think so, particularly as both of those dogs were PTS after some sort of illness. think it was my brains way of panicking me more going 'wtf you doing being asleep!!! brucie doesn't feel well!'. But of course, in your most panicked and sleep deprived state, It seemed like it meant more at the time.

so so glad he is ok. :)

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
sorry you had such a rough night of it

I suffer from anxiety and have extremely lucid dreams.

Your mind can do some funny things when you are worried

Vicki

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
yeah I think so, particularly as both of those dogs were PTS after some sort of illness. think it was my brains way of panicking me more going 'wtf you doing being asleep!!! brucie doesn't feel well!'. But of course, in your most panicked and sleep deprived state, It seemed like it meant more at the time.

so so glad he is ok. :)
I'm very pleased he's OK too; they can be a worry!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
god they can cant they!

once he got a little bit sick I started going over everything ever in my mind that he had eaten ever etc.

I think even the vet was like 'woah, this womans a worrier' and just tried to make me accept it was just dog man-flu..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
glad your doggy was okay :)
i agree with the others about the anxiety, i never remember my dreams unless it's the 'my imagination going into overdrive picturing worst-case scenario' type of dreams.
i wouldn't worry about what your vet thinks - i do it too, but i'd rather he thought i was an idiot for worrying and going in when there's nothing wrong than an idiot for not bothering when there is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.