Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just in case anyone thought I was gone.....

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Doguiesrus, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Doguiesrus

Doguiesrus PetForums Senior

I'm sorry to dissapoint in here!!!! Oh dear I have aged 15 years while raising this litter. Personal hygiene has gone to pot. Same as the house work! Livinging in a dump! But I have still have seven beautiful naughty babies! The whelping box is the only think clean in the house but seems to stay clean roughly 2 minutes! It's been adventurous yet after an eventful labour we have had fairly a smooth ride... My Girly has been a fantastic mum but due to her size had required 24 hour supervision and I wrote this from my bed..by the whelping box! Someone said "you must be Barmy let em get on with it, let nature take its course! Your interfering too much!" Well that's me the interfering owner glad their bitch isn't having puppies poor girl. I wouldn't have like to think I was doing this on my own and didnt expect my girl too!

Anyway il ad a lil pic not very good quality as from phone I will try to uploa proper camera ones from comp! Xx

Attached Files:

2. ozrex

ozrex PetForums VIP

Awwwwwww... GORGEOUS!

More, please??

3. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Awwww boofulls baby.

You will look back and just smile about this after you have had a few good nights sleep. Whats a bit of mess compared to those pups. Well done on a stunning litter if that little babe is anything to go by.

4. Doguiesrus

Thank you. They are 4 weeks now and so amazing. I am keeping two here but have only picked the one in the pic so far I am driving all the others on my list nuts cos I won't let them pick until I pick my second! I can see them been here at Xmas! Sorry about photo quality I have some great ones on pc these are of iPhone but I have a case on so dulls it a lot x

Attached Files:

5. Doguiesrus

Can I just say gravity is taking its toll here and this is not over exagerated breeding as many of u know I have a pet hate about that! Incredibly cute tho in my opinion!

Attached Files:

6. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

Knickers to what others say ;) you do what you feel is right

Touch wood, I don't have to spend a lot of time in the whelping box - but I am never more than a few feet away from it for the first 4 weeks at least - and even then I am very close by until they leave.

There are certain times when mother nature does indeed know best - but there's absolutely nothing wrong with giving a little helping hand to stop mum laying on the pups - ensuring they are all getting a fair share of mum etc etc

Lovely pups - brace yourself for the next four weeks, because this is when the hard work really begins ;)

7. love our big babies

love our big babies PetForums Member

They are looking fantastic!
    Never mind what they say lol my mother in law said that to me and not to handle pups etc. But she has never had litter her girls are spayed.
    Gosh our pups are a bit wild the now could you imagine what they would be like nor handled or interacted with!

Your doing a great job and your keeper is scrummy!! My little babies go to their new homes next week :( going to miss them so much but their new homes are the best :)

Enjoy the peace lol next few weeks are mental haha x

8. BenBoy

BenBoy Banned

Your post made me laugh!!! At least you have an excuse not to do the housework :rolleyes:

The puppies look adorable :)

9. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

We all have had those comments. My sister in law moaned at me when I left a night out early to be with Amber. According to her, dogs have been giving birth without us for hundreds if years. Didn't bother warranting a reply.
    We know how to look after our dogs snd their babies.
    Last of mine leaves tomorrow. Will try get few pics on.

10. kodakkuki

kodakkuki PetForums VIP

but i've found that if you have a well thought out reply at the ready it shuts them up for good! ;)
    loads in my college are anti-breeding because there are so many dogs in shelters (yet all have a favorite breed :confused: ) but i now have a few of them looking forward to getting to 'watch' my next litter because they never thought a good litter would be such hard work... and possible! :rolleyes:

your keeper is a stunner, but you're dead proud of your little girl!
    can't wait for pics of the whole load when you get a chance!! :thumbup:

11. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

How can anyone resist those little faces? They're gorgeous - proper little butterballs. Yummy!

12. Doguiesrus

Thanks everyone sorry I'm so late we are well established with weaning now and it seems to take every minute of the day up! Especially cleaning the kitchen after they had eaten! We have been giving a lot of raw but also totw biscuits which is lasting very little time! They are totally ravenous and waddle like short old fat men after 10 pints! They are feeding of mum still but he's getting fed up and finds it hard to stay laid for them all. Not suprised with razor blade teeth! Ahes done a wonderfull job but is enjoying five mins piece in the garden! Carnt say I blame her I could do with five mins! Anyway I have a photographer coming to take their pics this week or next so il upload the piccys. I'm going to get a keyring made for the new owners with their puppy picture in. (That's me with 7 key rings on my Car keys! Hehe) well hope all is well with everyone and not too many tears shed CALLIE and LOVEOURBIGBABIES xxx

13. Ann Elizabeth

Ann Elizabeth PetForums Senior

Love the photos and can't wait for more!
    I found the house was very quiet when Lily's puppies went to their new homes, Shoki the puppy we kept went from being the quietest and most laid back in the litter to a whirling dervish within a couple of days almost as if she was making up for 10 weeks of being quiet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice