Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just having a rant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beth17, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

There are roadworks on a main road next to where I live and although there is room for cars to be able to get onto their drives people are still parking in our road. Fair enough but these roadworks are going on for 18 weeks and they are now jamming up the road with their parking, taking residents parking spaces and being a general pain in the ass. One car this morning has parked and is now encroaching over half of our drive; luckily my mum has already gone to work but how bloody rude.

I would never park in front of someone's drive :mad:

No real point to this other than letting off some steam.

2. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Know how you feel. We have this car transporter parked outside. Been there for 5 weeks, police won't move it and its conveniently parked over 2.5 free parking spaces - one of the only free parking spaces in the area, so if we have visiters, they have to park on double yellows. There is a garage down the bottom, and we not sure if it's theirs but it hasn't moved for ages.

So tempted to let the tyres down and see how long it is before they notice.

3. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

So infuriating isn't it and yet you can guarantee if I were to go and park somewhere like that I'd probably get a ticket :rolleyes:

4. gem88

gem88 PetForums VIP

it makes me cross too. the houses in our close are all having new heating systems put in and the guys that are doing it were parking in our close, despite the fact that those of us with cars will need to put their cars in these spaces as they get to each house. after 3 days someone went and had a word and they went and parked at the pub (less than 100 yards from the close)
    what i dont understand is when doing roadworks and things like that, why isnt a mini bus organised so they can be picked up and dropped off without disrupting people more than needed xx

5. skip

skip PetForums VIP

It infuriates me when people park in front of our drive. The woman next door gets regular visits from her son and he always parks in front of our drive,my hubby has asked him nicely if he wouldn't park in front of our drive,its not like there's not the space not to do that but it fell on deaf ears,so may be childish but my hubby parked right up his butt and got my brother in law to park in front and we all went to the pub :D
    His car was stuck there over night,needless to say he doesn't park in front of our drive anymore

6. CharleyRogan

Traffic Wardens are ninjas here!!!

7. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

I think its a traffic order offence to park in front of driveways, you could phone the police and let them sort it out.

8. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

They did move eventually however had they left it much longer I would have had to think about that.

9. CharleyRogan

Yup it is, I got ordered to move mine as it was too close to someones drive, even though they could easily get out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice