Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just had this emailed - gang initiation!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Magik, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Magik

Magik Guest

This has already started happening in Sheffield as this warning has been issued to Councillors in Sheffield and it was confirmed when I was in court last week.
    Just had this emailed.. re:gang initiation warning!
    Has anyone else had this email? Personally I think it is B***ocks! Have a read... if it had started happening or was a real threat the british press would be going crazy... it's all we'd hear!! I think people make this stuff up to see how wide spread they can get it!! Email below!!

Security

Warning - We have received a warning from the London Ambulance Service of
    activities in their area. Whilst the below behaviour is not common
    place in our area I have spoken with Greater Manchester Police and their risk assessment of the action is to circulate it as a potential' The London Ambulance service have units closely associated with the Police based in South London who are basically Fighting Gang Crimes. The 'street gangs' in London (particularly South London at present, but it is sure to spread) have initiation tasks which new gang members have to carry out to be admitted to the 'gang'. The latest craze is to drive around, deliberately with no lights on their cars. The first person who 'flashes' them, points at them or sounds their horn at them, has to be followed by that new gang member in their car, who then has to fire a shot into that vehicle with no regard as to who is inside. Our official instruction is that if we see a vehicle with no lights on, we are NOT to 'flash' it etc. and the advice to friends and family is that you should ignore any vehicles you see without lights. I would ask that you pass this info on to all your family, friends and colleagues and who knows, it may save a life.

Trust Security Manager

2. Magik

Magik Guest

...that said.. although I doubt how genuine it is I wont be flashing or beeping any cars with their lights off!!!

3. O dear! Thanks God so far my night eyes sight is quite good and I did forgotten - just didnt felt necessary - to put lights on - quite a few times......I am not in London thought.....A few friends of mine has been doing the same only becouse the street light been so bright - they didnt even remebered to put lights on.....:D:cool::p

4. georges mummy

georges mummy PetForums Member

we stayed in camden a few weeks ago.
    the gang related crime down there has definatly got worse over the years.
    but its like it everywhere now

5. gang related crime down there has definatly got worse over the years.
    ....while they're spending time and resorces on seizing family dogs.....

6. georges mummy

ill second that.

7. Magik

Magik Guest

most victims of gang crime are gang members.. rarely does anyone incoent get shot!

8. georges mummy

thats what makes me wonder about that youmg boy on pitsmoor.
    as sorry as i am that it happened.

9. Magik

Magik Guest

Well, I know someone who knew him and they said he was a wrong un and In a gang... papers always make out they're church goers!!

10. georges mummy

it goes to show the world we now live in.
    makes me scared for my own kids.
    i have a 10 year old who want to go to friends houses at the weekends.
    the answer so far has been not on your own your to young.
    there will be a time when that answer wont work anymore.
    i suppose you can only educate the best you can and hope for the best.

11. carol

carol PetForums VIP

this was going round few years back they still up to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice