Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just had the strangest sales pitch ever!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by newfiesmum, Apr 7, 2011.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I just had a phone call on my mobile from 3 network. He wanted to know if my phone was prepay or contract. Sim only contract I says. Then he asked me if I knew of anyone who wanted a new phone!

As if I am going to give some total stranger names and phone numbers of my friends. He ain't going to sell many contracts that way.:nono:

2. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

I got one knocking on my door the other day for Talk Talk wanted to credit check me before he even explained what they were flogging.. I swiftly told him to jog on.
    Take the p*ss some of them lol

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Haha I had this last week, the exact same call! I actually missed two calls from them on purpose but answered the third that evening (others morning and lunch time).

I told them no, everyone I know is in a two year iPhone contract and no, I wouldn't tell people about their offer.

How desperate is it though, it just made me cross its like what gives you the right to call me over and over until I answer..?

I get so many junk calls and texts :nonod:

I blame Vodafone! :(

4. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

if you're not with them you can ask them to take you off their list. youneed to give them 48 hours to do it, if you get calls after that it's spam/harassement and they can be fined. so speak to supervisor if it happens after that.

5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Hahaha them sort of call are so anyoing lol:)

6. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

check my bad spelling out!

i get calls like that quite alot.. sooo annoying. although i never get offered a free phone :"( *blub* so unfair.

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I just tell them I dont actually have a phone and leave them to work that one out!!;)

8. holly1

holly1 PetForums VIP

I am PAYG, and spend £15 every 3 months.(on average)
    I only text,and have free texts in the evening for a month when I put £15 credit in.
    When I tell sales people this,they say 'ok, thanks for your time':D

9. I get this all the time, its a scam of some sort.

If you ask for their contact details so you can check them out, they hang up.

They are not "from 3" they just sell phones and contracts and should not say they are from 3!

Some how I think they know the network by the first 5 numbers.

They promise all sorts of cheap deals but its rubbish they are after as much dolla as poss.

I have one who regular calls me from india claiming to be from orange asking if I got the new phone they sent????? /facepalm*

Been rude to them so many times and they still call again a few weeks later.

Anytime anyone calls like this, ask for the phone number and address and see how quick they are either rude or hang up.

10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

The phone number came up on my phone and I know he was trying to sell something, but he did not try to sell me a phone contract when I said I had a sim only contract. He asked if I knew anyone who wanted a new phone, which I thought was very strange.

3 network has such a bad reputation they must be getting desperate.

11. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I had a similar call from 3 a few days ago. The usual intro...this call is being recorded for training purposes..do I mind? And I said yes actually I do mind being recorded. Then came one of those awkward silences while he tried to compose himself and work out how to get himself out of the phone call and I was standing there silently lmao :D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice