Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just had the biggest scare!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by dalpup, May 19, 2010.

1. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

Not long back from the vets after rushing up there with buster. :frown: While I went up the stairs to hoover our room earlier he had managed to open a cupboard in the kitchen and helped himself to the remnants of a bag of sultanas, thankfully I think there were only veru few left in the pack but having read stuff on here I was taking no chances so phoned our vet and rushed him up there, the vet gave him a jag to make him sick and got us to take him to wander outside to be sick. Thankfully he had been given his lunchtime feed just before he stole the sultanas so was sick several times. I picked up the sick to let the vet take a look and weigh it too and he is satisfied that Buster should be totally fine as I took him in straight away and he has been sick plenty.

What a complete fright though, I was so upset and worried, so now I need to keep an eye on him the next few days to be sure but vet thinks he should be ok. Of course he now has a empty belly too and is sitting at my feet crying to be fed :rolleyes:. The vet has said to feed him smaller meals every two hours today incase he is going to be sick again.

I feel like I need a lay down!!!

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Oh bless him! Well done for reacting quickly,he may not thankyou right now but he will in the long run! Hope he's ok now :)

3. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

thanks :) I was distraught!! I just called as soon as I realised and hopefully that will mean he is completely ok, he seems fine now thats for sure but I will be watching him very carefully over the next few days to make sure. Hubby and I stood reasuring him while he was sick so he was calm. Still doesn't ease the horror that it happened!!

4. rona

rona Guest

He should be fine, you reacted so quickly that none could have been digested.
    Well done

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

What a dreadful ordeal for you all.
    Well done for acting so swiftly. Hope Buster will be ok now. xx

6. dalpup

dalpup PetForums Member

thanks folks :) I think he will be fine....need to get some kiddie locks for the cupboards though!

7. cornflower

cornflower PetForums Member

my lurcher stole and ate a whole unopened box of muesli...that was a scary 48 hours. Sultanas, cereals, nuts....not sick but lots of poo!! Didn't take him to the vet as he was passing the museli and didn't feed him for 35 hours. He wasn't hungry!

This morning he got the cod liver oil tables - stashed them in his bed thank goodness...

You don't need kiddie locks - just eyes in the back of your head and a 6th sense!

Glad your dog is ok!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice