Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just had a phonecall

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sequeena, May 14, 2010.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

From victim support. The lovely woman asked if I wanted or needed any emotional support. I said yes because SARC is all the way in Killay and I won't be able to see a psychiatrist for about 18 months because of the waiting list :(

She asked me a few questions about my step father including if he ever abused any pets. He did though I don't see how that fits into anything ... anyone care to explain if they get it?? :lol:

She said she's going to pass on my details onto the person who runs the support group in my area and she'll be ringing me Monday or Tuesday :thumbup:

Oh I forgot to say. He missed his bail so there's now a warrant out for his arrest!! :D

Starlite likes this.
  2. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

!8 bloody months!!!!:mad: Thats crazy.!!! Good job someone is thoughtful enough to ask if you need support

Lets hope they catch up with him and lock him up and drop the key down the drain:thumbup:

How are you feeling Hun? xx

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

That is a long time to have to wait for help, much too long. Good that you got the phone call though. as for HIM....I will bite my tongue......:mad:

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

It is very sad I have to wait so long but there are many other people in my situation :crying: The nurses said and I quote "I am amazing" :lol: Apparently I have very good coping mechanisms and most of what they teach people I alreay know :)

I'm landed he's jumped bail because he's right where my DCI wants him :D

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

Dug himself a hole then, hope it is a bloody big un. :thumbup: Good luck to you. xxxx

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Well he's only about 5'2" so it wouldn't take much of a hole PMSL!!!

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

He will need a very heavy man hole cover to go over the top aswell then. Then let the weeds grow over him :thumbup:

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbup:

9. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

lol love it :thumbup:

10. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

'She asked me a few questions about my step father including if he ever abused any pets. He did though I don't see how that fits into anything ... anyone care to explain if they get it??'

I work as a crisis worker at a SARC and my understanding is that often people who abuse animals go on to hurt people. It is a question we ask survivors of domestic violence. I think the information just adds to the 'jigsaw'.

Good luck with your counselling. I know it takes a lot of guts to talk about painful memories and to re-experience the distress and fear associated with those memories - I admire your courage, hon.

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Hey thanks :) The woman kept saying domestic violence on the phone which I was confused about :confused1: I said no it was sexual abuse ... but she kept saying domestic violence so I gave up. I assume it all falls under the same category :eek:

Thanks for the comment, the woman who helped me in SARC was amazing and I really admire all the work that you do :thumbup: bless her we were there from 10pm until 4 in the morning :eek:

12. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

People who will hurt animals tend to go on to hurt people, Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer started out this way. Its a way for them to have control over something essentially powerless i.e. a bloody coward :mad:
    Hope they catch him out on his warrent, people like him dont last long inside thankfully. There's just some things you dont do

hope your ok hun, hows the kitty getting along with her pregnancy?? xxx

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Well it all makes sense now! He never hurt the cats but I remember him hurting my mum's GSD/rott and sometimes hitting her with a walking stick :( :mad:

Cotton is doing really well :) If you have facebook I'll send you my link so you can add me and follow her progress :D How are all your kitties doing? I can't believe you've got 6!! :eek:

14. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

He'll have his commupance love, try not to worry too much x
    They are thriving the wee monsters lol! They have a babysitter too - if one of the kittens meow Shorty whines and i come running :rolleyes:

I honestly dont know how she got them all in her belly, but they are gorjus :001_wub:
    Ordered a new usb link from Ebay, dying to share the pix!
    How many do you think cotton will have, can you feel or see any kicking yet?

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Well the vet thinks about 3 or 4 :thumbup: I had a feel earlier and it felt like little flutters in her belly but I don't know if that's just her breathing lol!!!

Awww I can't wait to see and good on shorty for being a babysitter! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice