Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just had a phone call from vets

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Kat28, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

Took patsy to vets on fri and he said she needed to go back this morning for her teeth sorting out. She has lost a lot of weight recently so he did blood tests first to make sure her liver and kidneys were functioning ok. Just had a phone call to say he cant sort her teeth out as she has liver problems and needs to be treated for this first.She is 12 now.The thing thats worrying me is that he said he would discuss things with me when i go up this afternoon.Got an awful feeling things are worse than what he is letting on over phone.

2. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

(((((Hugs))))) Don't panic yet, it may be his blanket policy not to discuss things over the phone, 1. because they don't get paid for it and 2. because they don't have a lot of time in between clients. The good thing is that he said the liver problem could be treated. Hang on to that until you see him this afternoon.

3. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

I hope so. Going to be a long next couple of hours till i can go and pick her up.

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Hope it is nothing too serious....keeping everything crossed - keep us updatedxx

5. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

Will do.Got to ring back after 3 and see when i can pick her up.He was going to try and de tartar some of her teeth while she was awake but didnt hold out much hope as she was a nightmare to get blood out of by sounds of things. She is not stranger friendly. Very nervous around people she doesnt know and normally runs off and hides out of way so this will be stressing her out as well.

6. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

Just been to vets again with patsy as he sent blood tests off for her thyroid a tumour on it somewere. It turns out she has problems with this as well which is causing her liver problems.She is on tablets for next week if i can get her to take them which is not easy as she picks them out of the meat etc so could be fun. If she wont take the tablets then unfortunatly she will have to be put to sleep as there will be nothing vet can do for her. Its a hard decision to make as i dont want to put her threw alot of heart ache and prolonge her life if its not the best thing for her.But on the other hand she is my baby and i will be heart broken if anything happens to her. So this time next week i will no what is to happen too her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice