UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking through a rescue site ~~(looking to adopt but more on that later) and there is a black lab with a white mark on his lip.

4 years ago i had a dog who when round 8months went missing from the garden. he was lst seen with two men but was never seen again, i put up posters told dog wardens contacted vets rescues ect and he had my address and number on his tag but notheing.

malachi was a black lab cross with a white mark on his lip.

scrolling qucikly through the page i suddenly saw this lab looking at me :( brought back all the memorys of mal.

·
Registered
490 Posts
wow, would hate to lose one of ours and never know what happened to them, I assume its not the same dog on the rescue site?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they dont say his age :(

he looks the same but older as mal im just dont want to ask and get my hopes up :(

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is mal he was around 8months here
(its the only pic i have of him :( ) he went missing not long after

this is the dog in rescue

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Im not sure.

Was your boy brown? He looks a bit darker and maybe shorter hair.

Call up though. Theres a reason you saw it and maybe this is your next dog and the smudge is the sign you need.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
It happens, it so could be worth a telephone call.

Years ago I worked in a rescue centre and lots of dogs were brought in that had been found straying, left in boarding kennels etc., anyway, one GSD X came in, went through his 7 days holding period, and a family came in to find a dog for their family. This GSD X was theirs, they went home and got pictures of him as a puppy, and the recognition of the dog seeing his family was just truly wonderful, something I shall never forget.

The dog was not chipped, he too had escaped from their garden, six months earlier, and was found 60 miles away, in our rescue kennels.

It's worth a telephone call, things like this do happen. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im not sure.

Was your boy brown? He looks a bit darker and maybe shorter hair.

Call up though. Theres a reason you saw it and maybe this is your next dog and the smudge is the sign you need.
no he was black but he was sat infront of the patio doors in the pic so had a slight brown look (lexi i the same) he still had puppy fur but wasnt that long hair.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.