Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just got a bargain on ebay.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Jazzy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

We went to Pets at Home today to find another cage for our new baby piggy, Smudge because he's in a Nero 2 at the moment which isn't really that big so I was looking for something about 100 cm as I haven't room for anything any larger as I also have two other 100 cm cages in the kitchen extension.:eek:

Pet at home only had two style of cages and I didn't really like any of them. I wanted one with a proper door at the front not one where the whole cage front lifts up. They were about £60 for a 100 cm Ferplast one. :( Came home and looked on Ebay and saw brand new Nero 3 cages which are 100 cm for just under £45 + £7.95 post and packing which I thought was fantastic as Pets at home used to sell them for more money than this.:thumbup:

I like the Nero cages because they are really well made and strong.:D Don't know why pets at home stopped selling them because they are miles better than Ferplast.:rolleyes:

So Smudge should be a happy little piggy later this week.:thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Jazzy, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Well I thought it was a bargain anyway if nobody else did... :lol: :lol::lol:

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Hmmm Im not reading this thread at all because Im being a good girl and not being tempted back onto ebay, twas a fantastic bargain though hun, lucky Smudge.

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Thanks for replying Gill.:D I think everybody else on here must have sent me to Coventry..:laugh:

They have sent the cage out already and so it should come tomorrow. I looked online and these cages retail at around £60 + post and packing.:eek:

5. thedogsmother

I think the rodent section is asleep at the moment, it seems really quiet, maybe theyre all watching football. Is it just for Smudge? He is going to be living in luxury isnt he, pics when it arrives pleeeeze :D.

6. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

:thumbup:Singing:IAM here but just having a nosie too tired to post had a long night at work but at least iam here you found yourself a bargain i never get good bargains usually if i think i have then it turns up with somthing or another wrong but that just me unlucky gemma :):):):)

7. thedogsmother

If I really really want the item it always goes sky high in price but if Im not that bothered then I usually get bargains, its sods law isnt it:rolleyes:.

8. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

:)i know iam exactly the same if i want somthing really want it i cant get it but if i not looking or dont have cash ready in the bank i always see stuff and think :(damn it i very rarely find myself a bargain well apart from the 3 tier metal rat cage i got last week for :thumbup:£10 that was a bargain a bit rusty no ladders but that was easily sorted so now i have a huge bargain cage wich iam well :)happy with but other than that i have no look iam at the minute searching for a bargain explorer or tommy rat or somthing similar but having no luck usually i see one on preloved and ring about it and nearly all off them come full off rats and i really cant fit anymore of the horrid :laugh:little rascals in at the minute my place is infected with them they are in every corner ;)i dont know how they spread;) so fast but they are definatly infectious little critters hamsters are also dangerous they are also so so infectious lol:lol::lol: but the oh said no more :( we are over run but i dont care what he says i look after feed and clean them all out so iam sure if i seen another little critter i could sneak it in i would just say eh!how did that get in there it must have climbed into the cage through the window or tell him he has forgotten we got it ages ago ;):lol:

9. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Yeah great bargain hun!! Brand new as well!! Thats brill!! I gott one yesterday as a temporary home for Bubble and Squeak...not sure what type it is...grey base wih green shelter at one end. But I will be happier when they are in their 6' hutch. Though then they will be in the shed. I want them properly comfortable with me first. xx

10. myzoo

myzoo PetForums Senior

:)yours sounds like one of the savac range i seen i think its a cavie somthing :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice