Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just found something out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cazza1974, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

2 of my closest friends are splitting up. I have known them for about 10 years and I have just had a text from my friend saying that he has admotted seeing someone else.
    Whenever she accused him of it he would deny it. He has been going over to this womans house for a few months and staying there til about 4 in the morning.
    Anyway, the woman he is seeing was in a relationship with another woman for a long time. I know this other woman that he is seeing as well and her ex partner.
    I really feel for my friend but he is also one of my friends as well. I love them both and they have 3 boys as well. :(

2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Wow!!! Bad place to be in - caught in the middle. :( I hope they don't try to make you 'pick a side' because that will be very unfair.

Unfortunately, when one party has been both cheated on and lied to, rationality tends to be the last thing on their mind when the split comes. :(

3. KathrynH

KathrynH Guest

In this situation you have to make it clear from the start that you are friends with them both and that you will NOT be taking sides but will be there for support and as a friend to them both.

It is horrible as there are children involved as well, why can people NOT take there wedding vows serious anymore!!! :mad::mad:

4. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

that sounds like a rough situation. I agree with the previous posters - seeing as they are both friends is best not to take sides and just be there as a shoulder to cry on when they need somoneone.

5. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

thats what I am doing, but it is hard, especially with the way he has treated her. He has gone around saying that they are not together for months and months and she found out by accident from someone else what he had been saying. She accepted it and said she will be there for the boys. He is still living in the same house, which she is finding difficult as she still loves him, even if he doesn't love her anymore.
    She has told him to go, but there has been no signs of it happening, even now when all this has come to light.

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

That is awful, I feel sorry for the children caught up in it all. I also feel for you too as you are in the middle of it all. Stay neutral it's not worth siding (not that you want to). You mate must an emotional wreck now, it is NOT nice finding out your OH have been having an affair behind her back, that is so not right.

7. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Gosh what an awful situation. I hope things can work out in the best way possible for everyone involved x

8. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

thats horrible! hope she can recover from this and in time find someone who will treat her better than that.

9. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

What a sad situation :( i hope things can be done nicely for the children's sake .

10. Poppy2011

Poppy2011 PetForums Junior

Sounds like very good advice! However tempting it is dont let them drag you into the middle.

11. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

He sounds like hes treated his wife like a right doormat! I feel sorry for her and the kids because no one deserves to be cheated on and treated like utter crap!
    As for you wanting to stay friends with him....well i personally wouldnt want to be associated with someone who has no morals and could do that to his wife AND KIDS :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice