Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just found my cat! what can I give her!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by vizzy24, Jul 19, 2009.

1. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Hi my cat has been missing for a week and I have just got her out of a neighbours garage. She has obviously lost weight and she is also dehydrated is there anything that I can give her until I can get her checked out tomorrow. I have given her a small amount of food and unlimited water. I wasn't sure if I should let her have a large amount of food as I have heard it can cause problems if they haven't eaten for a long time. Any advice?

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Try some bland food like chicken or fish. You're right in feeding her a small amount.

You can make up a rehydration mix at home, but i cant for the life of me remember how.

What are her gums like?

3. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Its hard to tell as she has just had some water, but they are a little tacky but not too pale. I am just cooking her a chicken breast.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

She should be ok until tomorrow then. Cats are generally paler than dogs.

You must be relieved to have her back.

5. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Glad to hear that she is home safe!

I volunteer for the RSPCA and come across many cats that have not eaten well for a period of time.

What I would suggest is give her LOTS of water as she may well be dehydrated and in terms of food offer small amounts of food at a time.
    You don't want to give her anything too rich as it may upset her tummy.
    Diet food or sensitive food is the best but if you do not have any in then pieces of cooked chicken or scrambled egg can work wonders.

6. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Oh god yeah we are so pleased :D. She went missing when the weather was bad so we assumed that she had got scared and ran to somewhere she didnt know. I must admit we were starting to think she wasnt coming back.

7. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

im so glad she back..and with lots of love and cuddles she will perk up in no time at all im sure ,
    julie x

8. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

oh soo glad to hear she is back you must be so relieved. Yes lots of TLC, small amounts of food and plenty of water, and should be back to herself soon.

9. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone she hhas had a good sleep and some chicken and has told us of lots! Everytime she sees someone she starts a chorus of meows( well more like yelling)

10. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

I'm so glad that you found your cat. I think i would have given up hope.

Hope she's back to normal soon.

11. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I'm so happy that she is home safe and sound. Fingers crossed that she's nothing more then hungry and thirsty.

12. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

My cat does this if i don't let her in quick enough or if it's raining!! Like it's all my fault! LOL

Have you discreetly reminded her that SHE went into the garage!! LOL ;)

Just agree with everyone else little and often food and plenty of ad lib water.

Sure she will be fine now she is home. Bless her!

13. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Sounds like she's feeling better already ;) So glad you found her - must have driven you crazy not knowing where she was:D

14. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

in her next feed put some water on it that way she will take more water in as cats dont drink much. could she not have some deoralite or how ever its spelt what small children have?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice