Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just bought tickets for Papa Roach!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bichonsrus, Aug 6, 2009.

1. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Couldnt get tickets for Papa Roach when they played london earlier this year so i was gobsmaked when i opened up Kerrang! today and they got a gig in London on 10th october! Managed to get front standing too!!!!!!! There were suppose to be some vip tickets (meet and greet) but couldnt find any link to them, we always find a way to see them after the show anyways lol. Cant wait to go and get some good pics too for my portfolio yay, oh and its part of my daughters birthday present as her birthday is not far off the same day, she is well over the moon, oh and Madina lake are also playing as is Heavens Basement!!

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Oh wow papa roach not heard of them in ages! I used to love them.
    I really want to see madina lake too!

Maybe I should start buying Kerrang! again I used to have it every week :)

x

3. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Lucky You..;) Have a great time hun..:D

4. bichonsrus

I buy kerrang! mostly to look for gigs as although im signed up to info from gig sites you dont get all of them showing up where as any new adverts in kerrang really show up and you also get a week calender of gigs that week if you got a free evening and want to see whats on. I should get it on subscription really would be cheaper. My daughter now says she found another gig online, Escape the fate, i do like them but they are not headlining so i said we will see, something better might turn up and i dont have money growing out of my ears lol.

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aaah I love Papa Roach!!

I'm going to see Lostprophets on the 25th of this month.... what ways do you find are best for meeting a band afterwards? I'd kill to meet them so it'd be nice to have a few tips :D :D

6. bichonsrus

Well tips for meeting them afterwards are as follows,
    1, As soon as gig finishes (dont put your coat in the cloack rooms) make your way to the back door, there are usually more than one door (at the Astoria which was where we usually went before it got knocked down for rail link, we had to watch two sides of the building each lol) get as near to the front of a door as possible, take no notice of security guards in fact if you can chat to them but make sure you have someone else that can read their body language and lip read!

2, Get one friend to do a search for tour bus or oncoming taxi's, in london it is easy, they either get on tour bus (parked out front) or get a pre booked six seater taxi.

3, Being my age i have a bit more front so as soon as they come out i take photos and get stuff signed first then when that all dies down i see where they are going and put a hand on their upper arm and say hi, sorry i can see your tired, just wantedu to say what a great set you played tonight, would you mind if i took a photo of you with my friend? They have never said no to me lol, then i get a go of having a photo taken!

People i have been lucky enough to have picture taken with or met or became friends with are:

Wil Francis (Aiden)
    Jake (we call him naked jake lol, long story) (Aiden)
    Angel Ibarra (Aiden)
    Zombie nick (Aiden)

Kill Hannah:- Greg, Mat Devine, met them all , nicked ice cube out of Mat's glass in the Barfly, well he asked me to hold it for him hehe.

Robots in disguise

Serpico

Matt Tuck from Bullet for my Valentine.(had the guts just about to go up to him, he was randomly in the crowd at an Avenged Sevenfold gig) Did the usual hand on the arm thing lol ooooooo i nearly fainted. He later got onstage to sing a song with them and forgot the words lol.

gosh i got so many would take me a long time to list them but hope to add to my list a few peeps from papa roach and Madina lake, oh pic with the twins will do lol.

7. bichonsrus

Oh do you know My Passion, met and had pic with lawrence. It was at the kill hannah after party. oh and another tip if they say they going somewhere after the gig and everyone is invited, get some over 18 id so you can get in, the best bit about the kill hannah one is that most of the kids were younger than 18 or didnt have id ( my daughter didnt but as i was her mum they let her in cos i talked my way in lol) so there were only about 30 fans in their so was easy to mingle with them. :D

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aaah that's brilliant!!

We're seeing them at Manchester Academy so that's only a small venue.... do you think it'd be worth getting out a few minutes before the gig finishes?

Lostprophets are well known for nipping out after gigs and saying hi, so i'm quite hopeful, especially with it being such a small venue!

What about getting there early? are they likely to be hanging around in the afternoon..... I WILL meet my Mr Watkins somehow LOL

9. bichonsrus

Oh definalty get there real early if you can, they always get there hours ahead usually, small gigs are the easiest and if you are in line and see them at the back door, go see them!!!Oh and also when you get people handing out flyers for not just lost prophets but for the suporting acts ( not sure who is playing with lost prophets) strike up conversation with them too, if you make friends you get to hang out some times and find out whats going down after the gig!! Angel Ibarra once invited me to a club after a gig , but my daughter didnt have id and we would never of got in there without it, that is my worst thing ever!!!!He was single then too!!!!!!! Oh he is such a sweety though. I may have to write a book one day about the bands ive met lol, i got all the pics to go with it too lol.

Good luck in meeting them, i want pics and bring Ian Watkins back for me, post to London lol.

oh and p.s dont ever leave a gig a few mins early, you never know what you might miss! And when i went to see Mindless Self Indulgence, they signed stuff at the stage rather than outside which was disappointing as we expected them to come outside as well and they didnt

#9 bichonsrus, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Well, my cousin is coming up from Wales to go with me and she's as Lostprophets mad as I am, so I might suggest a morning's shopping in Manchester centre (never know - might see them there!!) and then get to the venue really early and snoop around, it'd be good fun and I think she'd be up for it :) and it'd mean we'd get to the front at the gig cos we'd probably be the first there LOL

I have no idea how we're getting back from there either cos she doesn't wanna drive to the city centre and the last bus leaves before the gig ends... so I might end up having to kip on the tour bus with them ;) ;) maybe if I dirty my face and scruff my hair up a bit, Ian will take pity on me as a poor Manchester street urchin and take me on tour with them :D :D not sure the OH would be too pleased but i'd come back and visit him once every few years LOL

hmm..... I am but a poor student! I can't afford to post him :nonod: oh well, he'll have to stay in Lancashire with me :D :D ;) might let him out on day release to you though someday :D

11. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

papa roach are brilliant, went and saw them a couple of years ago. would love to see them again. they were brill!!!!

12. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I've never heard of them but hope you have a great time.:D

13. bichonsrus

look, guess his weight, look up how much it will cost me first class and ill send you the money lol!!!

Cool, did you get to meet any of them and do they have a big tour bus thing? need to be prepared lol.

Thanks Jazzy, btw i absolutly adore that new pic you have with both of your bichons, it is so adorable, just shows how quick they grow doesnt it!

Off to youtube Papa Roach last gig so i can see just how amazing it was!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice