Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just booked...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tapir, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

my first tattoo! I'm so excited! I'm having a little rose with leaves and small vine, just black shaded, It's only about 5cm long and i'm having it on the inside of my wrist, not like, underneath, but on the side, if you get me!

I have told the parents (told them a year ago that I was planning one) neither are happy but they know I want it as I have wanted the same design since the start, and it is for my dog Rosie. I have spent ages finding a reputable and friendly studio whose style of art I like and they are very good with nevous tatt novices!

I have it booked for my 18th birthday, end of may! :D

I'd love to see pics of yours, along with what they or for or why you got them :)

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

Wow :D go you :D i loveee tattoos :D im looking at getting my next one once im back off my hol ... that'll be my 4th :eek:

once you get one they are very addictive :lol:

3. nikki2009

nikki2009 PetForums VIP

ive got 4 also lol i want another one cause they are very addictive

4. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

Good luck with your tattoo. It certainly sounds as if you've given it some throught :)

If possible, pay for the 'numbing cream'. It's well worth it to avoid the OUCH factor ;)

5. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

Oooh what have you got?

Haha everyone has told me that! I am already planning my next one... :blink: I'd like a Swallow as my dad has one.

6. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

What do you have?

Oh god, everyone says that it will hurt where I am having it as it's very boney :eek:
    I'm pretty nervous about the pain...is it as bad as everyone says? I have a pretty good pain threshold.

7. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Good luck im sure it will look beautiful!

Me and oh are having tats for our anniversary were both having the boys names and eahcothers names :D

8. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

haha i've got ... a little heart with some black swirly bits either side, a treble clef as i play violin and a big dragonfly on my back with on stars and the words let your dream escape above it :)

my mum has a swallow its really pretty :)

Attached Files:

9. nikki2009

nikki2009 PetForums VIP

heres mine
    on right shoulder
    [​IMG]
    on bottom of back
    [​IMG]
    on right wrist
    [​IMG]
    on left wrist
    [​IMG]

10. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

Mine is on a boney bit too, and yes, I thought it really hurt the first time around. I've since had it covered over, but it took me years and years to pluck up the courage even though I hated the original one. But, the numbing cream was fantastic, I didn't feel a thing (unlike the first time around - ouch, ouch, ouch :( ).
    Maybe I'm just a wuss :D

11. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

aww they are lovely! I LOVE the heart one with the black swirls.

12. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

thank you :) that was my very first one, sadly it doesnt really hold a meaning for me, i went to the parlour with my mum and we looked through the books and that was the one that stood out the most to me, my others both have meanings though and all my future ones will :)

13. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

:cryin: I just keep telling myself, it's only for half an hour, then that's it :)
    Does the healing process hurt at all? The lady said to get some Tattoo-goo...some cream you put on it apparently. She said I can pop in any time up to the day for re-assurance or help!

14. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

GET THE GOO! I always use the goo you can buy from them. It doesn't hurt as such, mine all itched alot :(

15. shells

shells PetForums VIP

i have 3 a unicorn with my 3 kids names on it a band on the top of my arm and a tribal thing, the tribal thing covers another one whitch was a devil in a dyper on a clod with my x hubby s name on it hence y i had it covered :D i am looking for one for my angel that wasnt meant to be just not found one i like yet x

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
    • 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
    #15 shells, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  16. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I covered half with numbing cream (EMLA) and half without, but it didn't really hurt. Mine only took 20 mins or something though, and is half on my hip bone.

I used Bepanthen cream with my tattoo, and when it was itchy, I did use my hydrocortisone cream haha

17. dougal22

dougal22 Banned

I didn't find the healing process painful, it just itched. I did use cream, but can't remember what it's called, but the tattooist will be able to advise on aftercare.

Half an hour sounds okay'ish. Mine took 90 minutes :eek:

18. Tapir

Tapir PetForums VIP

I have an hour booked with him as thats the minimum charge, but he reckons it will only take half an hour so not too bad :)

19. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

good luck with your tattoo ... ive got 5, would like my frog one recoloured though

and i would like a white tiger :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice