Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

just been woken by a huge bang from inside the house

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by redroses2106, Sep 22, 2013.

1. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

Just been woken by the loudest bang, sounded like it came from the kitchen/living room area, took me a good 10 minutes to pluck up the courage to go look :eek: and nothing there had fallen or anything, but I can't settle now :( feeling quite freaked out :eek:

2. tillysdream

tillysdream Banned

Now our danielled would be able to help you with that, she is very spiritual. Dan has seen ghosts' at Ordsall hall where she works.... :thumbup:

I went to my bed just before midnight, I am now wide awake grrrrrrrr.

3. redroses2106

noo that's the last thing I need told about right now, although normally I love a good ghost story/experience just heard another bang from outside but too chicken to investigate again :eek: hoping some daylight comes soon so I can peek out my window lol

4. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Hope your ok

5. la468

la468 Guest

Anything electrical blown? All windows still intact? I remember a window blew in a house I lived in and the noise it made woke everyone.

6. redroses2106

thankyou piggybaker just feeling a little un-easy.

no all windows are find and I have got ALL my lights on so not electrical, it's so strange, nothing at has fallen, I can't figure what it was, I think that's what's making me most worried, if something had fallen or there was something to explain it I would feel much better, I heard noises outside earlier tonight at 11ish too but just put it down to wind/neighbours

7. tillysdream

tillysdream Banned

Ooopppsss sorry :eek: Yeah, I probably shouldn't have mentioned ghosts' :eek:

You have us to chat with, to take your mind off "the bumps in the night". :D

8. la468

la468 Guest

Was the noise definitely within the house? Seeing as you heard another noise from outside too.
    Hope you're okay, try not to worry. :)

9. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I used to hear bangs all the time many years ago, apparently your eàrs do it to you, I know LOL it sounds weird I actually went to the doctors about it as most nights I was waking to loud noises within the house. The doctor said it was this condition . Weird I know I now double check the doors are locked and windows stick in my iPod and listen to a story tape.. Works well except men my husband snores loudly ��!!!! Put your light on and settle back down .

10. redroses2106

tbh the thought of a ghost is a bit more comforting than the thought of a human intruder lol.

yeah I am pretty sure it came from inside, will go have another wee look about in a little bit, I don't really know what could of made the noise from outside, was very loud, hopefully just over thinking it though, most likely am :)

11. tillysdream

tillysdream Banned

I now feel that my comment earlier, was at least on some level comforting! Ha! I don't feel so unhelpful/bad now!!! :eek: :thumbup:

12. la468

la468 Guest

It's happened to me too, heard a bang as I fell asleep but I knew it was in my head if you know what I mean? But yes it can definitely happen.

OP try not to worry, I would go have a look around.

It's probably not but could a light bulb have blown? I know they can make a racket too? Seeing as your lights are all on it's probably not.. But wanted to throw the idea out there.

13. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

You know Hun I once woke myself up when I blew off loudly!!!! ;) just to make you smile, realise some chill chemicals,

14. redroses2106

yeah I sometimes get a bang or hear a knocking as I drift off to sleep, I didn't know it was a condition just thought it was half dream half awake state but this was different, I also suffer sleep paralysis, the dog heard it to so know it wasn't my imagination lol, but I do know the noise you are talking about, feeling a little more at ease now :)

15. redroses2106

:laugh: well if the noise I heard came from a person I would be extremely worried about them :lol:

16. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

I've had that before! apparently it's called exploding head syndrome :eek:

17. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Ive had it as well, heard a huge bang but I knew it was in my head :eek: weird stuff... Off to google :D

18. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Summersky likes this.
  19. tillysdream

tillysdream Banned

20. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

err..... did you not think of calling the police?
    yours, or your neighbours shed might be empty now.

hope all is ok this morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice