Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

just been to the vets

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Louby, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

Perry had his second jab today so we can go walking next week!!!! cant wait :D

i mentioned the worms and she has given me a tablet to give him in a weeks time, she thought my description was tapeworm and thought it was odd that a pup would get it and asked me if i had got him from a puppy farm :eek: i said he was from a house and the mummy dog and his brother was there.

Now i am paranoid that i have funded some horrible puppy farm by buying Perry, although i wouldnt be without him.

Does anyone know how puppy farms work? If you were to buy a puppy from one would you go into the actual farm or do they pretend it is a home reared pup?

The vet also said Perry had dandruff and that i should put some oil in with his food - i was a little pre-occupied with the whole puppy farm thing and forgot to ask what type oil i put in his food, and how much...does anyone know what is good for dry skin?

L x

2. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

puppy farms are not necessarily farms as such hun but poor breeders that breed dogs in appaling conditions not checking if their dogs have faults or doing any health tests ..some dogs not even wormed or vaccinated and mated time after time no breaks inbetween.some breed various breeds of dogs . A puppy farmer can be very pleasant ,convincing even,...... you sometimes see pups and parents in the house but may be kept in appalling conditions out the back out of sight usually. they will do what they have to do to get a sale
    anyways hun glad to see ur vet has sorted Perry out and i bet u cant wait to get walking in a weeks time :)

3. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Add some Sardines in sunflower oil or tuna in sunflower oil into his food.

4. Louby

Louby PetForums Junior

just given him some tuna in sunflower oil - i think he thinks its xmas :D

5. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Yes, sardines in sunflower oil or you could get Yumega and put it in his food each day. I gave this to my little fluffles after Monty had chewed a patch of her coat down... it came back thicker than ever and why she's now called fluffles lol it's great stuff ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice