Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

just an update for everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Brelly, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

Here's an update for the people who gave me advice and support for my emaciated Dalmatian puppy!!!!!
    Her vet visit went FANTASTICALLY WELL!!!!
    She has gained 400grams in 4days, she is no longer anaemic, she is worm free, her legs are getting more muscle on them and her heart murmur has almost just disappeared!!! It has been a tough week but everything seems to have paid off!!! xxx :thumbup:

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I only just read your original post.

what good news, thank goodness you got her. Have you followed up if the RSPCA actually bothered to visit the breeder.

3. Kchip

Kchip PetForums Senior

That is fab news! I'm so so pleased, you must be feeling elated, well done you!!! :)

4. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

That's very good news.

5. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

I didn't get around to commenting on your other thread but did read it. So pleased to hear this news. Well done for taking on this pup and giving her a chance of a happy, healthy life. Looking forward to further updates and pictures.

6. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Great news and keep up the jolly good work :)

7. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Great news
    Can we see a pic of this beautiful little one
    Wot have u called her?

8. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Well done :thumbsup:

9. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

That is such good news, just shows what the proper diet, and health care and the magic of TLC and a wonderful home can do.

So pleased for you and the little one. I just hope the others are so lucky, or if its been reported it will be looked into so they get the proper care.

10. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Wonderful news. It's lovely that all your care and hard work with her is paying off.

11. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

yes the RSPCA called me to say they were visiting her and ive asked them to keep in touch with me and let me know the outcome :)
    she is even starting to look a million times better her ribs are slightly less visible and her legs look chunkier....she just needs to grow into her huge ears as they droop in her food!!!
    she has started to show an interest in toys and is learning to play on her own (even if it is tug of war with floor length curtains :eek6: )
    jabs and microchip booked for 3weeks time, just need to keep up what we are doing and smother her with kisses forever :001_wub: #totally smitten!! xx

12. PennyGSD

PennyGSD PetForums Senior

Really good news. I hope you have many long and happy years with her.

13. Sled dog hotel

Glad the RSPCA are looking into it, hope they don't drag their feet doing it.
    By the sounds of the state she was in its all down to sheer neglect alone, it must be or you wouldn't have seen the turn around you have already in your little one.
    The longer the pups are being neglected and not fed and give the proper care then the worse they will be. As its pups and they can go down hill quickly at the best of times even healthy well cared for ones if they get ill or contract something, hopefully they will check the rest out soon.

14. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

I know the vet said we had done an amazing job with her, they didn't expect her to survive the weekend and she was totally shocked that she even got a waggy tail in just 5days!!!
    I keep trying to upload pics of her but clearly im doing something wrong :huh: .....if I can get it to work then the pic on my "signature" are of her on day 1 xx

15. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

take it the picture didn't work then ?????!!!!!

16. Sled dog hotel

Im afraid personally Im no help in that department the only reason I have any is because my daughter did them for me. She refers to me as a tecnophobe:D

Hopefully someone who can actually do it will be able to tell you how when they see your having problems.

17. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

before1.jpg <--- she couldn't stand for very long and her feet were covered in ulcers.

before2.jpg <--- it looked like she had a full belly but the only thing in there is a LOT of worms :sad:

18. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

yay!!! did it :lol: xx

19. Sled dog hotel

Its worked now, Poor little mite, those photos have actually made me tear up.
    She looks so sad too as well as poorly. I hope they bloody confiscate the other pups, and the mother too the RSPCA I mean. There is no excuse for allowing the way she was. Poor little neglected puppies.

20. Brelly

Brelly PetForums Newbie

awww sorry don't be sad!!! she looks a million times better now, you can see in her eyes as well there's just so much life in them now!! I will get some more pictures tomorrow as then it would be her first full week with us and you will see the improvement.....plus shes wrapped herself down the sleeve of my dressing gown (which now lives in her bed with her) and she looks too toasty to disturb :)
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice