Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just an idea, an adoption data-base

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Captain.Charisma, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

I just thought wouldnt it be a good idea if many of the large and small rescue pounds came together and created some sort of data-base of all there dogs available for adoption.. So them prespective or wanna-be dog owners or adobters could then search for maybe the breeds of dogs for example an Collie that they are intrested in adobting, or maybe characterics or traits. For example by size, characterics, ect ect

For example, really want a dog in the future, and i would be really intrested in adobting, but i think it would be so much easyer for people like me to search type of dogs through a data-base than looking through tens of small dog rescue sites. I could then say search for say an Collie and see which rescue pounds had them, and then i could get in touch/visit them. Rather than searching tens of invidual sites... I dont want a Collie btw, just used them as an example :)

2. Captain.Charisma

Just though it would BUMP this post:p

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I think that's a great idea.
    There should also be sections on the site so you can see all the adoption centres close to you.

x

4. Captain.Charisma

Thankyou :), and yeah your right, it should have an option/section where you can view where the protential rescue "pets" are. So say if you live in Nottingham, you can look for pet pounds nearby :)

5. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

i think both of these ideas would be great....defo worth looking into a bit more methinks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice