Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just a quick question.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by NathanbUK, Aug 15, 2009.

1. NathanbUK

NathanbUK PetForums Junior

This is from a post I stared bout half an hour ago. Just wanted to make sure I got tis question answered :D. My mum seems to think making my puppy not fall asleep before she goes up to sleep for the night when you can see shes absoloutley shattered is a good idea. (Sometimes this can be up to two hours until we want to close the crate with her in it). Is it or will it make no difference if she has a nap before shes meant to sleep for the night if that makes sense :s thanks again!!

2. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Blu sleeps for about 2-3 hours before bed time then he comes into my room and plays for half an hour then comes up on my bed while I'm reading a mag or whatever then I put him into his crate and that's him for 6-8 hours. I think it would be impossible to force a puppy to stay awake until they are shattered.

3. NathanbUK

NathanbUK PetForums Junior

Aaa right. Thnaks so much 4 the advice :D!!

4. louisehall21

louisehall21 PetForums Junior

i think it just makes them mardy the pup i have at the mo if you dont leave him to go to sleep when he is tired he will whine i think its best to let them sleep when they want but try and keep a routine so i always put him in his crate to sleep at 11 just before i go up and he seems to know if i put him in before he whines

incase you haven't guessed he is a bit of a moaner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice