Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just a question....lol!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mummyto3andfurbabies, Apr 12, 2011.

1. mummyto3andfurbabies

mummyto3andfurbabies PetForums Member

for those of you who have more than one dog, how many months are there in between them? how old where they when u bought the 2nd, 3rd and so on?? i would like to get another in the furtire ( obviuosly not yet!! b4 anyone says not to yet! ) lol just a general question :rolleyes:

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

As a new person to having two dogs I wanted Millie to be well and truely out of puppy hood (but then we realised she never would hehe!).

Thus Millies is 2 years old in May and Makita will be 1 in May, thus a year between them.

We got Millie at ten monsth old orignaly and the same with Makita.

I couldnt believe it when I registered him at the Vet and his vaccines were the same time as Millie, :) Going to be fun taking them both at once!:D

3. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

There's 15 months between my two. Pippi was 21 months old when I adopted Bizkit who was 6 months old at the time. :)

More dogs = more fun :D

4. mummyto3andfurbabies

thanks for the replies, i definitely want to get her a friend one day, but i'm undecided on another springer or another breed?? i want to spend a good length of time researching breeds etc so she will be around a year or so when the decision is made!! lol i have a few breeds i like :rolleyes: heheeee
    also i would love to rescue but i have 3 small children and have been turned down so many times by rescues b4 we got lucy :(

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Willow was 9 months old when I got Percy who was then 10 months old. This was August last year.
    Then in January this year we got Rocky who was 13 months old. So at that time Percy was 15 months and Willow 13 months.
    They are all well trained and reasonably well behaved. :blink: Being toys both of the boys were fully mature when we bought them and Willow was just out of her adolescent stage when we got Percy :001_smile:

6. bingblazenskyla

bingblazenskyla PetForums Member

theres around 6 years between bings and blaze and then 1year n 3 months between blaze and skyla

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

My very first one a samoyed was 3half when I rescued him and the 2nd who was around 4yrs at the time came 18mths approx later. they were followed by 3 and 4 who were 5yrs and 15mths with a year or so gap in between those 2.

The current 3 I have now, is Daisy now 13, one of the original 4, Kobi whos 5 in may, he came as a 11 week old pup, when I still had 2 of my original ones,
    and Nanuq who came as a 12 week pup and is now just over 2 and 3mths.
    So between the two pups there was about a 2half year gap.
    I never planned the timing really, and each time after having 4 originally I always said two at one time was enough. Famous last words! Every time I got to 2, for 18mths give or take I ended up going back to 3 again. Never got back to 4 again though (or not so far anyway)

8. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Harvey was nearly 2 when we got Willow. It was strange at first having 2 dogs but now it is hard to imagine life with only 1!!

9. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I always try and leave a 3/4 years gap between mine, mostly because I work them in competitive obedience and therefore try to ensure I only have one retired, one experienced dog and a youngster coming on (well that's the theory....!!)

In reality it doesn't work at all due to injury, early retirement or living on to really old age. Consequently the gaps between my three are 2 yrs 1 month and 6 yrs 8 mths and I only have the youngster to work.

Never mind; first and foremost they are all dearly loved family pets.

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Zipper was 14 months old when we bought Lilly home at 7 weeks.
    In hindsight I'd of waited until Zipper was at least 18 months old before we bought Lilly home as he was still in his teenage rebelious stage at the time.
    There is 1 year between them in age.

11. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

There is 1 year and 10 months between my two, Henrick was just out of that teenage stage and she was 7 months and just starting hers, really the timing sucked, on paper a small puppy would have been a much better prospect but she was a failed foster so it wasnt a deliberate choice and I wouldnt change a thing, they work beautifully together and really are best friends.

12. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

Suki was a few days from begin 1year old when I got Bailey. Bailey was 1 in March this year and Suki will be 2 in May so there is about 14months between them.. And then we may be getting another dog next year :)

13. mandy2011

mandy2011 PetForums Newbie

There's only 6 months between my 2 but I like a challenge lol

14. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I am just waiting to get Sailor castrated this summer, then I will be making plans to get a second dog.

So Sailor will be 2 when I get my second and last dog :D

Just not sure whether to look for a second dog at the end of this year in winter (as I did with Sailor) or wait til the following summer, so we will have more time outside with the new dog.

The only down side is toilet training in winter isn`t fun lol i still remember huddling in a duvet at the back door mid February at midnight, waiting for Sailor (then 12 weeks) to do his business BRRRRRRRRRR

15. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Benji is my oldest, he was 2yrs old when Coco joined us and being a playful puppy she tortured him trying to make him play (he's a bit of a couch potato) then when she was just over 7 months old, Rusty joined us and he was just over 6 months at the time. Coco was chuffed to bits to have someone to play with closer to her own age. Tipsy is Coco and Rusty's daughter so she fitted right in although she did nag her dad a fair bit when younger. Tux joined us when Tipsy was 6 months old and they played non stop, they still play now at 19months and 15 months.

16. mummyto3andfurbabies

wow!! they must have kept u busy....your doggys are all beautiful :)

17. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

There is 3 years between Boomer (15.75 years old) and Bertie (12.75 years old)

3 years 1 month between Bertie and Teagan (9.66 years old)

4 years 4.5 months between Teagan and Skye (5.25 years old)

4 years 2.5 months between Skye and Star (1 year old)

and I've still managed to get 5 dogs, 3 being considered veterans at over 9 years old!

18. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Well...
    Between getting Tia and Bella there was 1.7 years (ish)
    Between Bella and Enzo is 7 months (Bella came from a friend who could no longer look after her when bella was 1.)
    Enzo-Dexter about 2 years.
    and now were hoping to get another :D

19. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I did it the other way round, Arran was 10 months old when I got Abby who was 8/9 years old when we got her.

20. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

misy was about 10years old when we brought in Candy.

Candy is now 4 and we are bringing in puppy at weekend

I'd have them closer together if i could but hubby has 1 rule i can't beat yet! only 2 dogs in the house the size of dalamatians

BUT I WILL BEAT HIS RULE oneday lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice