Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

just a little worried

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by purrlover, Aug 3, 2009.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

i picked up my new kitten yesterday , last night she sneezed once or twice .. today she is really snufferling and congested , sneezing bad too , shes booked in vets at 6 20 tonight , shes up to date with injections (cat flu included) shes nearly 16 weeks old.. could it be "just a cold" shes behaving as i would have expected (,hiding and hissing) then purring etc shes also eaten ok and used the tray so im worried , cant wait to get to vets !
    julie x

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

AAwwwww first of all Congratulations ! :D i hope she is ok any news yet ? xx

3. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Awww, what a shame to have to go through worry already. How did it go at the vets? Hope all is ok.

4. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Are you using the same litter as she has been using previously. Some litters are "dustier" than others and may cause sneezing or if you have used anything like Shake N Vac in the carpet that may also cause it.

Hope she is okay.:)

5. purrlover

hi ya..just back ..not sure what to make of my vets visit ,first of al her temp was up,her lungs are clear ,vet thinks its a "cold virus"that she was fighting quite well on her own, but bringing her home with us yesterday (the stress of moving) aggravated her symptoms ,shes been put on antibiotics for a week ,but vet not worried cos shes bright in herself and eating very well , so i think im ok with it..but a little confused ????any ideas ??? any experiences?? cheers julie xx

6. purrlover

litter is the same (breeder supplied it) no dont use anything like shake and vac (cos of what it does to pets, my westie has really bad skin probs)

7. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

Hi,cats can still get cat flu virus even if they have been jabbed,they just will get lesser syptoms.You did the right thing getting her seen quickly,its the secondary infections,like chest infection/pneumonia that causes the real problems.:)

8. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Poor little mite. I hope the anti-biotics work and she is right as rain soon. I wish I had advice for you but i'm not experienced in the matter sorry.
    Aside form her being sniffly, how is she getting on? Bet it's exciting having her at last :D

9. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Aww I hope the poor little thing feels better soon.

I wouldn't worry too much the vet has proberly given her anti-biotics as a precautionary measure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice