Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

just a little help

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by k4r4, Jun 7, 2010.

1. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

rght to start with bobby wa pulling on his lead really badly to the point i had to go to the doctors 2 weks ago with shoulder pains so i was advised by a few people to get a halti or gentle leader....

I got the halti as i couldn't finds GL in any of my pet shops, bobby is happy to wear it inside and outsidethe house i read the thread about how to introduce it to them but now my problem is getting him to walk wth it on attached to the lead he will just stand there not moving (i don't pull on it or anything like that)

I have tried getting him to follow with a treat but he will still not move for it stuborn little git that he is, he is happy to walk with it on and the lead attched to his harness but as soon as i attach the lead to his halti h stops dead and just stares at me asif to say ayeyou think so lol....

so i guess im just looking for anyone that can give me another way to get him to move while attached to the halti.

thanks for reading

*Kara* xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice