Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just a friendly chat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Purplecatlover, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Purplecatlover

Purplecatlover PetForums VIP

hi, so I feel pathetic for posting this.. but I'm really struggling with my mental health right now and I have no friends and no one to talk to.

I thought I'd try my chances of someone just wanting to have a chat about something, the weather, the news, anything.

Sorry if not appropriate x

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

It's perfectly appropriate :)

It's one of those things this forum is usually good at. Unfortunately, you've chosen a time when not many are online.

I think I may be going out very shortly too, I can't seem to stay in for long when the weather is like this :D
    Hope someone else wants a chat.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Any particular reason why?

KittenKong, Purplecatlover and Satori like this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I'm on :)

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you are having a difficult time - has something happened recently to upset you?

Purplecatlover and Satori like this.
  4. Purplecatlover

It's so cold here at the moment! The sky's are so dark! Glad it's nice where you are :D

I struggle with anxiety and bpd and today's just one of those days I guess. I can't work and sometimes it just gets abit lonely!

Thanks for replying even if you are going out! I hope you have a nice evening :) xx

5. Purplecatlover

Thanks @Lurcherlad :) this forums been a great help so far :D

I struggle with bpd and anxiety and today is just one of those days I guess.. we all have them don't we!!

Just makes it worse when I have no one to talk to haha.

6. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Hi Faye, welcome to PF. I understand how it can be sometimes.
    Who's the little cutie in your avatar?

Purplecatlover likes this.
  7. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I'm sorry you are having a bad day Faye, it's shit when you are down and stuck at home with no distractions, so I presume you have a cat/kitten from your avatar?

8. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Snap :D

picaresque likes this.
  9. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Thanks. I'll be back later if you are still about. Just going to meet OH after he finishes work, with old dog too and go for a stroll on a lovely evening

10. Purplecatlover

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah we have a little kitten called jasper, we've had him a month now! he's such a cutie and so tiny! Looks like he's wearing a tuxedo and socks!! :D

It's frustrating being stuck in, and makes your mind go into overdrive doesn't it?

What pets do you guys have?

11. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

It helps us all to talk and there is usually someone on here at any given hour - although it's a UK forum, there are lots of members from around the globe! :)

If General Chat is quiet, give Cat Chat or Dog Chat a look - they are usually busy.

It's sunny here in Essex, which certainly helps to lift the mood!

12. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Any more Jasper pics? Even though I'm more of a dog person I can't resist a little kitten.
    I have an oldie ginger cat (called Ginge - how imaginative) and two dogs, Gelert and Gracie. I also keep fancy mice.
    Re: being stuck indoors, do you have Netflix? It's been a great distraction for me many a time and it's only £5.99 a month. Better than most of the rubbish on telly :Cat

Lurcherlad likes this.
  13. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

It's quite grey here with a cool wind , we live in a windy spot in Nottinghamshire. I took my 2 little dogs out for a walk around lunch time but they are both a bit precious and fair-weather walkers ! You can see them in my avatar , I have a 17 yr old cat as well who lives under the kitchen table !
    I'm retired, hubby stil works , so a lot of the time it's me and my 3 pets but they are wonderful company.
    Please don't ever feel alone , this is a fantastic forum for support and I'm usually around till midnight ( addicted):rolleyes:

westie~ma, picaresque and Lurcherlad like this.
  14. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I have a rescued lurcher called Jack. He is Greyhound x Saluki and is currently snoozing next to me on the sofa!

He is exhausted after having to be on "Squirrel Patrol" for longer than normal as I've had the doors open while I've been pottering in the garden. He hates squirrels! ;)

I miss having cats, having lost mine to old age a few years back now, but there is no way I could have any now that I have Jack ;)

15. Purplecatlover

Haha I don't know anyone that could resist a tiny little fluff ball! I've added a couple on here for you to see :D aww can you attach some pictures? I'd love to see them all! And yeah I do actually, it just takes me so long to find something to watch! What are you watching at the moment?

Attached Files:

16. Purplecatlover

I live in South Yorkshire and it's the same! Awwww they're beautiful! Do you have any picture of your cat? :D thankyou so much, I thought I'd give it a go and I'm so pleased I did!! I always am on checking too haha!

SusieRainbow likes this.
  17. Purplecatlover

Aww squirrel patrol sounds so tiring!! Jasper was sat on my knee but he's figured he'd much rather sit under the table haha, jacks gorgeous!! How old is he :D

Lurcherlad likes this.
  18. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I've just spent a bit of time in Sheffield as my brother died suddenly a few weeks ago, used to live there too .
    No recent photos of my puss but will try and get one later.

19. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

He's 8 now. The last 5 years since getting him, have flown by. Can't imagine life without him now! ;)

I spend quite a lot of time on my own now and he is my constant companion :)

He is such an easy, laid back dog but is great company, even though he sleeps most of the time! :)

20. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

I have two: Garfield ( obviously the cat, Scrip..the dog...podenco cross chi or jrt)...dreadfully windy here...scary to go out as things are flying...but I do not mind wind...

Currently chilling on the sofa...hard day work...woke up early to the sound of Garfield retching...still could not find the sick!!! WP_20170305_12_09_19_Pro.jpg WP_20170305_21_18_00_Pro.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice