Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"just a dog..."

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by leashedForLife, May 31, 2010.

1. leashedForLife

“No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” -- Louis Sabin

Just A Dog
    From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog."
    They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."
    Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
    "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog", I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories
    of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog", but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man or woman."
    So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog", just smile...
    because they "just don't understand."

Written by an unknown Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
    From the Therapy Dog Inc. News Magazine

2. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

it is so true :)

3. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

This is great, I loved reading it. I absolutely hate to hear those words. People who don't understand shouldn't say anything at all. I will remember this thread the next time I hear it said.

x

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

This is lovely I read it here before :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice