Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Just a curiosity thing

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lucy2020, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Lucy2020

Lucy2020 PetForums Junior

Triss, my kitten initially appears to be black with white socks, but see this picture...

triss-colouring.jpg

In light, you can see this brown patterning, and it's getting more noticable day by day. Still depends on angling, though. Do you guys think she's going to grow into this patterning? Her father is black and white (as is her sister, without much sign of patterning) and her mother is white with black spots, but I think also brown ears (hard to tell as you can't get close to her).

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Hi,
    I am not certain but think those might be what are called ghost markings which would disappear as she gets older.
    I think all solid cats have tabby patterns underneath but are not visible usually, unless say in bright sunlight. I can make out a tabby M on my black cats forehead if the light is strong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice