Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Joshua's limping again!

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by newfiesmum, Mar 30, 2011.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I was only posting on here yesterday that he can have a little run and play because of his supplements, then last night he started hobbling a bit and is no better this morning. I think he shouldn't have chased that little spaniel puppy round yesterday, but it was only for five minutes and it was so good to see him enjoying himself. I can't wrap him up in cotton wool, he is only a puppy. I shouldn't get so upset when this happens, I should be used to it by now, but I can't help it.

I have given him some tramadol and see how he is tomorrow. No question here, folks, just wanted to make myself feel a little better by posting.

2. rona

rona Guest

Just a bit of sympathy here :)
    I feel the same as you but at least I have the comfort of knowing that Alf would be slowing up soon anyway. Must be so so much harder when they are young

3. mel@fish

mel@fish PetForums Senior

My BC is only just 12 months and from time to time, because she plays hard and fast, she comes home limping and I know what you mean, you feel so guilty but on the other hand its hard to stop them from enjoying themselves. When she starts to limp, we stop throwing balls or toys around as she will turn on a sixpence and likely do herself more damage as she is sooooo blinkered when it comes to the toys !!:)

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Hope Joshua feels better soon :001_smile:

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Ditto, poor puppy dog. Hope he's on the mend soon!

6. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Awwww you have my sympathy and a huge amount of hugs ((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))
    i know what its like having a young dog with joint problems ,it really drains you emotinally ,
    do you mind me asking what he has ?? is it HD

7. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

thanks for all good wishes. I am sure he will recover; it is not like it was at christmas when he could hardly walk. He is due for his dose of trocoxil on Friday, so I will see how he is. I can't take him out though, he needs to rest, and Ferdie is not keen on going without him. He is not keen on letting Ferdie out the door without him, either!

It's just that most of the time he seems to have recovered completely (though I know that isn't going to happen) and then this happens and I get so upset. Daft, really.

8. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

No, he has arthritis in his front knees. He was diagnosed at 18 months and he is three in May, so still only a youngster. Thanks for the good wishes.

9. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Not daft at all ,its normal i used to be the same with snowdrop ,she seemed to be doing so well and then she wouldnt be able to get up or was in pain .
    ((((hugs)))))

10. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Hope he's a brighter tomorrow, its so hard not to let them have a bit of fun x

11. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I know what you mean, you feel guilty letting them play and guilty for not letting them play. Can't win really as we blame ourselves whatever we decide :(
    Flynn is three in May, 23rd actually - when Joshua's date?

Hope he's feeling a little better by this evening, the Tramadol should do the trick, excellent drug isn't it? :)

12. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Poor Joshua, hope he's feeling better soon x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice