Hi, My GSP pointer sliced his hock when playing in the sea. It required stitches and keeping him on lead for 10 days. He was also prescribed a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory pain killers. Fast forward 6 weeks and the fluid/swelling is still noticeable. After numerous visits to the vet - this is where we're at: 1) 3 weeks of antibiotics 2) 5 weeks of anti-inflamatories 3) fluid has been drained twice 4) xray and subsequently vet confirmed no visible signs of arthritis/bone damage 5) fluid was sent off for tests and apparently there is no infection. 6) restricted to lead walks and/or swimming only (this is making him sad - he's becoming v.lethargic) The vet has since said we must wait another 3/4 weeks and bring him back if the situation does not improve. He also advised we continue with lead walks. Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and can perhaps advise us? Is it time to get a second opinion or can these things take time e.g 2/3 months?