Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Job Dilemma :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sophoscar, Jan 24, 2012.

1. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Right ive just been offered two jobs working with disabled people but i dont know which one to take..

First one - Ok money, 35 hours and shift work, they sent off my crb check last week..

Second one - more money, same hours and also shift work. Only just told me today i got it.

If i was too take the second job, what would i do about the first job as they have sent the crb off??

I've never been in the situation but i don't know what to do..

2. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Have you signed a contract for the first one yet?

If not you are free and clear to advise them that, with greatest apologies, you find you are now unable to accept their kind offer and are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have signed a contract, call them up and see if they can match the second pay offer. If not, see above^^^^^^^.

People change their minds all the time and you are entitled to take the job you would prefer.

Well done and good luck. :)

3. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Yes i have as i thought i didn't get the other job. The thing for the first job is the person in admin who i dealt with is not in the office until thursday/friday which is when i am at work.

I'll try and ring the first job on thursday but what do i say because ive never been good at communicating on the phone, cos i dont want to sound rude....??

Then what if they cant match the pay of the other job, how to do you walk away :\

Sorry but never had to deal with this until now

#3 sophoscar, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Just be polite and apologetic.

If they can't match the wage say that with regret, you have to accept the second job offer because every penny is important. You are very sorry to have messed them about but unfortunately the second offer was slow in being made and that was out of your control.

At the end of the day there is not a lot the 1st lot can do if you don't take the job. They will curse you a few times after putting the phone down but will merely dig out the details of the other person who was next on the list and call them. They MIGHT (but very unlikely) say they are going to persue you for cost of time wasted but, in truth, the cost would not make it worth their while. It would be an empty threat.

No-one is going to turn up on your doorstep and march you off to work for the 1st bunch.

5. sophoscar

sophoscar PetForums VIP

Thank you...well i will ring them on thursday and say that.

I've only paid part the cost for the crb check but they can sort that out, it' not my fault.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice