UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a ferret named Hunter? :p
Ahhh if only :D, she never took her eyes off me, and she searched my bag before I left, I wonder if the wriggling gave it away ;)

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have a winner :D they are indeed multis, Suzie (with the black eyes) and Ruby (with the red eyes) are now Jiggys room mates, Ive already introed them and I was terrified, they are so much bigger than him, but they are great with each other, they cuddled up within seconds of spotting each other, and the girls keep cleaning him, which he loves. Anyway here are the piccies :)

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Aww this is so sweet to see.
I thought about getting bobby a couple of multi girls but I chickened out in the end for a couple of reasons.
1) they'd attack bobby
2) they'd chew there way out the Cambridge cage.

How old are they gill?
Are they ok for you to handle them as I know they can be temperamental?

No they can't breed as they are a different species which is why if you have a lone male mouse its a good option to have a multi or two.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awww can they breed or not? or is Jiggy neutered
No, thats the beauty of multis, they can live with male mice but they cant reproduce with them, so they can live together and keep each other company without having a ton of babies. They usually live harmoniously too :)

hehe there beautiful are they fully grown? what a nice group I'm sure he'll be a happy boy now :D
They are fully grown and are about the same age as Jiggy is, they are sisters so have been together since birth, but they have lived with other male fancy mice before so they are used to having company of mice. Jiggy was so happy, I was worried that he would be scared, having been attacked when he was a youngster, but he ran straight over to them without a hint of fear.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aww this is so sweet to see.
I thought about getting bobby a couple of multi girls but I chickened out in the end for a couple of reasons.
1) they'd attack bobby
2) they'd chew there way out the Cambridge cage.

How old are they gill?
Are they ok for you to handle them as I know they can be temperamental?

No they can't breed as they are a different species which is why if you have a lone male mouse its a good option to have a multi or two.
They are around 4 months old I think, they arent handleable yet but they arent savage either, when they were in the cage I was stroking them and they were happy to be touched. The way the lady I got them off is a friend from another forum and the way she described it I think they are more cage defensive than just aggressive. If I cant get them to enjoy handling then they will have to be hands off pets, but I wont give up without trying, as I say though they havent shown me any aggression yet.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
They are around 4 months old I think, they arent handleable yet but they arent savage either, when they were in the cage I was stroking them and they were happy to be touched. The way the lady I got them off is a friend from another forum and the way she described it I think they are more cage defensive than just aggressive. If I cant get them to enjoy handling then they will have to be hands off pets, but I wont give up without trying, as I say though they havent shown me any aggression yet.
I hope Jiggy appreciates this! I am contemplating the same for Nicholas and perhaps my two other lonesome boys...might see how your intros go before I decide. Hope they go well though.

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I got these girls from Cornwall, hopefully she will be breeding from her remaining girl and boy, but Im not sure if she will have any spare for rehoming, if she does I can maybe transport some from Cornwall further north in April when we go again. I think a lot of reptile keepers keep them because they are often used as reptile food, so that would be one place to look for them as well, obviously they are less likely to be handled though. Jiggy and the girls are all cuddled up together this morning so I think they had a nice night together :)

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
they look a fantastic group, and its so nice to hear!

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm pleased they have settled in so well Gill and I'm glad Jiggy looks happy too :)
They would have been a lot happier with two ferrets to keep them company, but a certain person wouldnt even let me "borrow" their ferrets :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.