UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day friends

My cat didnt seem to like the bozita at first I thought she might just be rejecting it as its not biscuits but she ate my sample of Natures Menu I got today.I have a feeling my cat likes the mushed up type of food.

I have read the back of Natures Menu at it seems to have similar content to that of Bozita so I might get her some of that too and sneakily hide some bozita Canned food in too.My cat has a habit of licking and licking the food dry and eating just a little but I watched my friends cats do the same the other day and apparently its kind of normal.He is a vet funny enough but newly qualified and I only see him once a month or less.

So it appears I need a food in jelly/Gravy which is low carb or a mushed up type food such as Natures Menu.I have been looking about and found stuff like James wellbeloved wet food which looked pretty awful in terms of ingredients but none of the pictures I have seen show what the food looks like is the thing.

Could someone suggested a mushy,gravy (Prefer jelly) cat food?I am following the advice of the senior members on rotating wet food brands :)

Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Hmm, maybe it is the Bozita that your cat doesn't like - irrespective of it being with or without jelly. Did you buy the tetrapaks (cubes in jelly) or the tins? If I remember rightly, Chillmix gave you loads of options in that post, all of which are pate (or what you call mushy) foods..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, maybe it is the Bozita that your cat doesn't like - irrespective of it being with or without jelly. Did you buy the tetrapaks (cubes in jelly) or the tins? If I remember rightly, Chillmix gave you loads of options in that post, all of which are pate (or what you call mushy) foods..
It is the tinned version I bought....

Could just be the bozita...Yes Chill gave me lots of options but I dont know which of the options have jelly.I am checking through all the websites now I am sure I will find what I need in the end.Could just be Bozita you are totally correct,I have 23 cans now I will have to get them shifted on ebay haha

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
It is the tinned version I bought....

Could just be the bozita...Yes Chill gave me lots of options but I dont know which of the options have jelly.I am checking through all the websites now I am sure I will find what I need in the end.Could just be Bozita you are totally correct,I have 23 cans now I will have to get them shifted on ebay haha
They all will have some amount of jelly/broth/gravy, however not quite as much as food that is cubed.

I guess the lesson is not to buy in bulk until you know that your cat eats it. I would hold on to the Bozita for now. It might just be that once your cat is more used to the wet food and the consistency you can feed the Bozita too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They all will have some amount of jelly/broth/gravy, however not quite as much as food that is cubed.

I guess the lesson is not to buy in bulk until you know that your cat eats it. I would hold on to the Bozita for now. It might just be that once your cat is more used to the wet food and the consistency you can feed the Bozita too.
Its not really the cost to be honest It was £27 including p&p as I got a discount so no biggy really,Luckily I do have a business which makes decent money and I can afford to be a silly cat food buyer hahaha

But thanks

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
I had one who was exactly the same and struggled no end. I had to feed her dry as she simply wasn't eating enough wet to kepe her weight on. Since switching to raw though, that's a thing of the past. Would you consider this? That way you can ad dhot water to make your own gravy, yet still be feeding an amazin food. I can't tell you how fussy my Tia was with her food, and even she will eat and enjoy raw with water.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had one who was exactly the same and struggled no end. I had to feed her dry as she simply wasn't eating enough wet to kepe her weight on. Since switching to raw though, that's a thing of the past. Would you consider this? That way you can ad dhot water to make your own gravy, yet still be feeding an amazin food. I can't tell you how fussy my Tia was with her food, and even she will eat and enjoy raw with water.
Its not something I have considered yet to be honest and it would take me LOADS of reading to set up the diet so that Honey was getting what she needed :s How easy is it to make your own?Need a food grinder/Processor or something?

·
Registered
784 Posts
You could look at buying a pre-made raw food: Natural Instinct is a firm favourite in this area but of late has disappointed many with the lack of information regarding ingredients.

Feed a few strands of mince and see if Honey takes to it. You can cut up a small chicken breast and feed that to see how she goes, but don't feed more than that as she needs more than just muscle meat.

But I wouldn't want to put you off home made raw. In fact I have just yesterday ordered an expensive grinder. Supplements are already on the way, chicken wings are in the freezer and meat ready to order from the butchers.
Doing this on a bit of a whim though. I don't have money to burn exactly and working it out now, I am doubtful if it'll be cheaper than tinned food anyway but it'll be good experience :) So long as I get 400g less than £1 to make then I will be happy.

If you are interested in making raw recipes, there's loads of threads that you can take a look at (just search "Raw Feeding" with the quotes). Home made recipes can be found in this thread (to be used as a guide).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could look at buying a pre-made raw food: Natural Instinct is a firm favourite in this area but of late has disappointed many with the lack of information regarding ingredients.

Feed a few strands of mince and see if Honey takes to it. You can cut up a small chicken breast and feed that to see how she goes, but don't feed more than that as she needs more than just muscle meat.

But I wouldn't want to put you off home made raw. In fact I have just yesterday ordered an expensive grinder. Supplements are already on the way, chicken wings are in the freezer and meat ready to order from the butchers.
Doing this on a bit of a whim though. I don't have money to burn exactly and working it out now, I am doubtful if it'll be cheaper than tinned food anyway but it'll be good experience :) So long as I get 400g less than £1 to make then I will be happy.

If you are interested in making raw recipes, there's loads of threads that you can take a look at (just search "Raw Feeding" with the quotes). Home made recipes can be found in this thread (to be used as a guide).
Thank you for the advice...

I think in a few months time I might buy a grinder etc and give it a go but will read the info first

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't know, I think I have one of the fussiest cats around, and it is impossible to figure out which foods he will eat and which he won't. Gravy or jelly doesn't seem to be the crucial factor. Its more certain brands, which I think must be something to do with their recipes being similar overall/having some nasty additive he likes in them!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.