Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Jealousy?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by skill iit, Jun 30, 2020.

1. skill iit

skill iit PetForums Member

I got a new kitten adopted which has the same colour as my current kitten...out of the saying: 1 kitten is half a kitten....she was totally adorable and was friendly when I hold her....but as soon as she met my current kitten(fostered when she was 2 weeks old by me) both went hissing and growling and my kitten does the(now now now) voice for the first time....and the new one was slightly hissing and growling....I don't know if this will take time or not...how can make them mates...please don't tell me to buy a cat tree or sth like that....regarding the litter I just got two litter boxes which will result in 4 litter boxes in total at my house...how can I distribute them so the 2 kittens are satisfied....I need an answer ASAP please:)
    Just forgot to state this....when I touche the new kitten and approach my current kitten she hisses and growl and attack my hand if it approached more.... however if the opposite happened the new cat just doesn't do anything at all
    PS:
    both are not spayed....the new one is slightly younger....and they're around 4 and half weeks for mine and approximately 4 months or less for the new one....both are female

2. skill iit

A QUICK UPDATE

I put a barrier between the two kittens and gave each one a bowl of raw meat....my current ate it with enthusiasm and the new seemed to be used to only wet/dry...so I switched....she tried jumping of the mini fence I made and she saw my current kitten....and just stared with a threat....my current kitten just looked at her and. just carried on eating.... nothing happened at her side...but the new one now is in the mood of "I'll mop the floor with your body'" and just kept possitoning itself for attacking.....my current kitten however doesn't care and just peacefully avoid the new one

3. skill iit

One more update.....

one time I put them next to each other in a high place....the new kitten looked at the current one calmly and blinked slowly in her face.......after 5 Minuits
    they started growling at each other....can anyone tell me why?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice