Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Jaw REALLY hurts :( Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Patterdale_lover, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

On one side of my Jaw I get this horrible pain when i open it to a certain length or when i move it a certain way. I had it a week ago but seemed to click it back into place, like i moved it to the left and lifted up and it clicked. Surely it won't have popped out as my face would be swollen, jaw hanging and immense pain. :confused1:

I only get it when i open my mouth. Mum says i may be grinding my teeth in my sleep and its caused it to become tense? I'm not convinced...
    What do you guys think??

2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Sounds like you dislocated it they do just pop back into line easily but you can suffer pain for a while after.

3. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Haven't got an abscess have you?, seem to remember you going on about tootache in another thread?.
    :)

4. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Hmm I'm not sure that was me :confused1: Haha if it was I'm losing my mind too!! :lol:

If i have dislocated it will it keep dislocating :confused:

5. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

If it were me I'd try not to open my mouth to that certain length and certainly wouldn't attempt to move it in that certain way! ;)

Apart from that have you got the right teeth in? :lol:

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

:lol::lol::lol:

I think your mum is right the dentist will be able to tell by looking at your gnashers & you can get a splint thing they help :)

7. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

No it happened to me years ago but i remember it lasting a while i know it sounds stupid but i did it eating an apple:rolleyes: it can happen so easily, the only thing i do sometimes get is my jaw clicking but it doesnt hurt.

8. jenniferx

jenniferx PetForums VIP

Sounds like TMJ. I get it and it's a pain in the arse.

9. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Sounds like mine.. i have properly disclocated mine twice riding horses.. I was meant to have work done on it years ago and now if i open my mouth too wide it someties slips, slightly hurts then if I can I can get it to go back.. I think I have loosened the connections... It happens if I laugh loads or try and eat hard sweets.:frown:

I would get it checked out though.. I used to have to wear a special gum shield, When I slept, rode or if I was concentrating cause I used to tense my jaw and used to make it worse..

10. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

i have a similar thing with my jaw, sometimes if i open my mouth too wide it sort of pops out of place.

Also when im stressed i tend to clench my jaw without realising it and if i have had a few stressful days i get major jaw ache... could this be whats wrong? u might be clenching your jaw and not realising it??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice