Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

James Bubear Dissapeared March 13th, Can you help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sled dog hotel, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

James Bubear a 19 year old first year student at Bath Spa University, dissapeared on Sunday March 13th. There has been very little publicised about his dissapearance apart from details in the Bath Chronicle.

My Daughter and students from Bath Spa are organising a March along the route that James was known to have used before dissapearing that evening
    to raise awareness and in the hope that someone will come forward with more information. If anyone can raise awareness by posting in other places, my daughter would be grateful. Details of James my daughter sent me I have included

This is the info and the facebook page

Help Find James Bubear | Facebook

James Bubear, Student at Bath Spa University

James, 19, disappeared after leaving the Vodka Revolution club in George Street on Sunday, March 13, where he'd been at a fancy dress party with friends.

CCTV cameras in the city centre captured him walking alone along James Street West, outside the Odeon cinema.

A short time later, just after 11pm, he is seen talking to a young woman at the junction of James Street West and Charles Street, opposite Green Park Station.

They were together for around five minutes, after which the woman went off and James sat down in a nearby doorway. His mobile phone and passport were found there by a street cleaner the next morning.

Police say they are increasingly concerned for James's safety, as his disappearance is totally out of character and because he has now been missing for so long and he has had no contact with any friends or family since he went missing.

Chief Inspector Simon Ellis said: "It's very important that the woman seen with James contacts us immediately. We believe she may have important information about how James was that night, what his immediate plans were and perhaps which way he was thinking of walking home.

"From the CCTV images it seems that they knew each other and spent about five minutes talking. At one stage they hugged before the young woman went on her way, and James sat down in that doorway for around 15 minutes."

Police say that James is distinctive, tall and slim, and on the night had had his face and eyes coloured by make-up by friends in the club.

Mr Bubear, who is originally from Llandrindod Wells in Wales, was walking back to his student flat in Waterside Court on Lower Bristol Road, and it is believed he may have followed a route along the river.

He is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, of skinny build and with mousy brown hair. He was wearing a navy or black jacket, a white shirt with 1970s-style collar and large cuffs, and jeans

2. toria

toria PetForums Senior

Oh dear,i hope some good news comes soon.

Thoughts are with all family & friends...sorry i cant be of more help.

3. Sled dog hotel

Thank you, The March is in the hope that they can get more national press and TV coverage too as the last person to have seen him has not yet come forward and likely to have important information. There is also a chance he may have been seen by other people who could give more information.
    Hopefully by posting as much as I and others can, it will mean something to someone who might have more details.

4. Sled dog hotel

Bump..............................

5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I've just googled it, I'm so sorry he seems such a nice lad, I hope they find him safe and sound soon.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:.................

7. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

What a terrible time his family & friends must be having :( I really hope that the march brings more publicity & hopefully some good news.

8. Sled dog hotel

My daughter said he is, and apparently it is right out of character too. It was only half past 10, when he left the birthday party, not even early hours of the morning.

Thank you for the replies, if amyone can post details elsewhere and sure my daughter and the students would be really greatful.

9. Sled dog hotel

bump..............

10. Sled dog hotel

bump............

11. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

How awful :(
    I've liked & shared on my facebook, hope he's home soon. x

12. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

How sad hope they find him soon...Jill

13. Sled dog hotel

Thank you both, Ive just had a txt from my daughter who was at the March with the other Bath Spa Students, she said between 400 to 500 people turned out for it to raise the awareness. I hope they have some news soon or at least more come forward out of it with more information.

14. Sled dog hotel

Bump................

15. Sled dog hotel

bump.............

Sorry got to keep bumping, in the hope it may help and give a chance for more people to see it.

16. Sled dog hotel

bump...........

17. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

just seen this...i too have liked and shared...hope he is found safe and well

18. Sled dog hotel

Thank you for doing that. I know my daughter will be pleased. Everyone is so anxious for news, he seems such a lovely lad, and Im in tears when I think of his poor parents and family.

19. nattymariax

nattymariax PetForums Senior

joined group and shared on facebook...so close to home as well :( I always seem to find myself really affected by these cases of missing people...Joanna Yeates lived just up the road from me and I followed the story really closely and helped the fb campaign :( so sad. he seems like a lovely guy and hope he is found safe and sound xx

20. Sled dog hotel

Thank you. Just checked to see if there is any more news. The girl they saw him talking to on the cctv, who they were pinning their hopes on to give more information, has apparently came forward after the march this afternoon to raise awareness. She cant though, give any further information
    or give anymore clues apparently. So it is even more important know to keep up the awareness. TV did turn out for the march, but again it was only the local TV stations and press again. So yet again the awareness as far as I can see hasnt gone national.

So I guess the hope now is that maybe someone else who did see him and give more information will become aware, remember something and come forward. It was only around 11pm on the Sunday 13th in Bath, so surely someone else must have noticed or seen him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice