Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Jake the Wonderdog was at the vets today!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lozzibear, Sep 2, 2013.

1. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Jake was at the vets today to get some x-rays to make sure his bone has healed in the right position. I was nervous, I was confident things would be okay because he is walking brilliantly but there is always that anxiety until you can get confirmation... well...

The vet said his x-rays are perfect, and so all is well there! His exercise can now be increased more - with the aim for him to be doing 60 minutes in 4 weeks time! Jake will be happy :) He will then be able to be let off lead! And I asked him about hydrotherapy, and the vet gave him the all clear for that. He has lost half a kg lol, not great but the vet said that is great considering the operation he has had so hopefully with increased exercise the weight should go down at a faster rate :)

He has been very quiet since coming home, and actually looks quite sheepish :( He also had an accident in the car, he walked from the vets to the car so could have peed then but he didn't... thankfully he was in his crate so it was confined to that. I am not sure if that is why he is being sheepish because Jake is a very clean dog and would get distressed by something like that - very different to the likes of Arrow. I am hoping he is back to normal soon.

So, it went well! And I am so pleased with my Jakeyboy :D

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

That's good news! Lovely to have the confirmation that he is doing well from the professional even if you knew it from his walking :).

3. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

That's very good news about Jake :thumbup: - I don't like going to the Vets and it is not even for me! :D

#3 Holtie, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  4. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

Fantastic. :)

5. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

Great news :D

6. Hanlou

Hanlou PetForums VIP

Am so pleased!! :D xx

Bless the lovely Jake. xx

7. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Thanks guys :D He went out for his longest walk yet tonight 35 minutes! He has been doing around 25/30 minutes and isn't tired or lagging at the end so he managed 35 just fine :D I don't think it will take him long to build it up... 4 weeks ago, a 15 minute walk was tiring for him so he has come a long way :D Chuffed with my good boy, my own little super dog :D

8. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Great news. Is his other leg OK now, or will that need doing too?

9. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

His other leg is okay for now. When he was knocked out for his first lot of x-rays before the surgery, the vet checked both knees and said that the left was far worse, completely ruptured, and the right one was moving a lot more than it should but wasn't nearly as bad as the left. He said he doesn't like to give people definite answers in case it doesn't work out like that, but he said it is highly likely that he will need that one done at some point. The surgeon asked yesterday how his right leg is doing, and I said that I haven't noticed any problems with it as of yet and he is said to keep an eye on it. So, as it stands just now there are no immediate plans to operate on that one.

10. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Great news for you and Jake :)

11. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Great news

12. lozzibear

lozzibear PetForums VIP

Thanks guys :) he was out for 40 minutes today, and he really enjoyed it! I then came home from work and took him for a wee walk, just 20 minutes though because I was hungry and needed home for dinner :eek: We went to a bit near the house where there is a big grassy bit next to the main road so he could have a mooch about. This woman walked along with a dog, saw us and quickly turned in the opposite direction... dog was lunging, and suddenly slips her collar! Dog comes tearing towards us. I was panicking so much in case anything kicked off... thank god I had Arrow with me because he blocked Jake, the whole time this dog was circling us, snarling and doing the odd lunge in... Arrow wasn't taking his eyes off her, and kept in between them the whole time... the dog seemed to desperately want to get at Jake... the owner had to grab her and quickly drag her away. She apologised but my heart was racing so I just couldn't speak properly and shot off :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice