Jacob Rees Mogg

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noushka05, Sep 15, 2017.

1. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

Exactly, it’s a conundrum! He seems to be extremely honest and forthright, yet I can’t get over his voting record.

2. DT

DT Banned

Its even cheaper if you hire an au pair

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Definitely. I feel similar about Jeremy Clarkson, I can't bear his laddishness or how smug he is but I do like the way he doesn't give a sh*t about how he comes across

4. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

Me too. :eek: Brings to mind.

5. MiffyMoo

MiffyMoo PetForums VIP

OMG that’s brilliant! I’ve never seen it before

Elles likes this.
  6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Hahahahaha, I LOVE Dick Emery .... he was hilarious!! We were talking about him at dog training the other week .... we talk about all sorts of stuff! :D :D :D

noushka05, Elles and MiffyMoo like this.
  7. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

I'm just amazed, just amazed.

8. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

I bet you could at that, @noushka05; but please don't!!

FeelTheBern likes this.
  9. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Submissive Servant to My Lord and Lady Mutts
    Staff Member

Please keep it civil.

noushka05 and stockwellcat. like this.
  10. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

I’ve just been watching the Bruges fringe speeches. Rees-Mogg has a portrait photo of Maggie on the desk in front of him. :D

DT and MiffyMoo like this.
  11. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

He may be honest about his intolerance & his inhumanity but he is completely untrustworthy. And that many perceive him as 'honest' makes him all the more dangerous. And the ideology he subscribes to is extremely dangerous to us all. He wants to see our living planet destroyed for greed.

Only the most despicable human being would put their own spin on the IPCC report.

[​IMG]

KittenKong and MrsZee like this.
  12. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

He also said it’s not up to him if people want cheap, bleached chicken. Unfortunately he’s right. If I had my way everyone would be at least vegetarian, but it’s not up to me to dictate to anyone, not even my own children what they do or don’t eat. If we can persuade the country that cheap bleached chicken from America is created through extreme cruelty to chickens and the majority of the the uk and uk farmers say ‘No’ then the government can and should interfere. Otherwise, it’s about free markets, not dictatorships, especially if you’re a conservative.

He’s also right that people want cheap fuel and more housing and don’t want to go back to the dark ages. If they’d rather have expensive fuel, food and housing they’d vote Green and go vegan. He’s an elected representative for Somerset, not a dictator. So unpalatable though it may be, it’s up to people to persuade the electorate and our elected representatives what’s for the best and persuade them, not dictate to them.

I have a feeling that if his constituents wrote to him and lobbied him on a particular subject and it was clear what the majority wanted from him on it, he’d go against his own beliefs though, so long as it was compatible with conservative policy and values. He’s already said that his religious beliefs are his and he wouldn’t force them on anyone else, regardless of how strongly he felt about it personally. He’s entitled to vote as an mp though, so that’s up to the voters to take into account when choosing their representative. They might want to ask first if they’re particularly interested in an issue.

As he said ‘my despicability aside, what would you like to ask?’

simplysardonic and Cleo38 like this.
  13. noushka05

What do you mean by 'not dictatorships'? Freemarketeers like Mogg represent the corporations, the 1%. Do you really expect any amount of lobbying would change his ideology? He may speak nice and be polite but he is an extremist. He shares the same dangerous ideology as America's tea party fruit cakes.

MrsZee and KittenKong like this.
  14. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

I don’t agree that he’s an extremist as such and alternative extremists aren’t going to persuade the moderate electorate of it either. Though I do think we do need none violent extremism to keep us on our toes and draw attention to issues Mrs Average like me might not have otherwise heard of.

Politicians should be honest on where they stand so that we can make an educated choice. Mr Rees-Mogg appears to be pretty honest on the whole, which means we at least know what we’re disagreeing with. Unlike many who tell us what they think we want to hear, then do the opposite once voted in. He’s quite obviously a Thatcherite.

Cleo38 and MiffyMoo like this.
  15. noushka05

What is the difference between Rees Mogg's ideology and that of the Republicans? or even the Tea Party?. Don't you think they're extremists? Have you looked at his shocking voting history & listened to his beliefs? Opposing climate change legislation is an extremist position - he actually promotes a scorched earth policy. What could be more extreme than that? He's far more extreme than Thatcher was. He's been honest about some things & extremely underhanded about others. A man looking after his vested interests and the interests of the rich & powerful - hes a very dangerous man indeed. I take your point about people can see what their voting for because he's open about his ideology - but the fact that so many now find him 'endearing' is terrifying.

I think this is excellent on the sheer hypocrisy of this 'christian'.

[​IMG]

Anyone who supports this man is part of the problem:cool:

Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says
    The MP said standards that were 'good enough for India' could be good enough for the UK

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-workers-rights-jacob-rees-mogg-a7459336.html

MrsZee and KittenKong like this.
  16. noushka05

Over past 2 months, visionary Mogg's been lining up the parties to blame for Brexit disaster:
    1) Barnier/EU,
    2) Remoaners,
    3) civil service:

[​IMG](via twitter)

KittenKong likes this.
  17. noushka05

:Hilarious

Forward to the 19th century we go.

[​IMG]

FeelTheBern, KittenKong and Zaros like this.
  18. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums Resident Evil.

Moggs looks like a bleedin' undertaker in that costume, Noush'.

:Wideyed

Now, I wonder if that has any bearing on what the Tories are doing to the country?o_O

KittenKong and noushka05 like this.
  19. noushka05

He does:Hilarious Very fitting attire indeed for someone who's idea of brexit will be the death knell for this country's future:Nailbiting:Pompus

KittenKong and Zaros like this.
  20. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums Resident Evil.

And this will be the new national anthem. ;)

noushka05 and KittenKong like this.